Cute cartoon about a parking spot stealer

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/05/13/cute-cartoon-about-a-parking-s.html

5 Likes

Here I was, going over all my shiney new, yet very crappy Windows 10 May 2018 Update sound controls, trying to figure out why the sound volume was so low, when it occurred to me: they just uploaded it with a low volume source file. The story itself was interesting up to 8:27, when the narrator (spoiler alert) decided not to call the tow, but let the whole thing escalate and engage in some pointless first world problem ‘battle’. I could not watch any more.

7 Likes

There’s not a huge payoff

Nope. I want my ten minutes back. This is the most boring and pointless thing ever posted on Boing Boing - nay, on the internet itself.

17 Likes

There was no payoff at all. Potential payoffs might have included:

• a face-to-face confrontation
  • Naeem is actually a cartoon rabbit!
  • the Mercedes engulfed in flames
  • anything else
15 Likes

Now that was a payoff!

3 Likes

3 Likes

I wonder if this was a homeless person who opted for a Mercedes S Class instead of a camper van, and did this sort of thing as a method of ducking cops who might be a bit too nosy while they tried to catch a few z’s somewhere close by?

3 Likes

Two wheels better than four, especially when parking is limited.

3 Likes

Yep. Our obsession with fucking parking is ridiculous.

2 Likes

My fav is when people circle the parking lot at the gym for 30 minutes to get a spot by the front door entrance, it blows my mind.

7 Likes

The lines and lines of stored vehicles on public land, blocking whole lanes, and that create hazards for vulnerable road users is what really ticks me off.

2 Likes

Oh, give them a break. Those people pay too much money for exercise to have to walk a long way to the gym.

3 Likes

Or maybe they were a private investigator, and all expenses are billed back to the client.

2 Likes
4 Likes

A sort of shaggy dog story?

7 Likes

In a roundabout way.

2 Likes
5 Likes

What a self absorbed douche.

Years ago, I lived with a friend of mine in a very old house, which the alley out back was shared with a catholic church. It was pretty clearly posted that it was private parking only, but there was a lot of nights myself and my friend had to park on the street and risk tickets and getting towed because people didn’t respect the signs and parked in our designated spots. Not just because of church events, but because there was a lot of other events in town where people just grabbed whatever spots they thought they could get away with.

One night I’d had it. There was a white mustang convertible in my spot when I came home from a long day at work, so I parked right behind them, blocking them in. Then my roommate and I wandered off on foot to get dinner. We stopped at a bar for a drink on the way home too. It was 2-3 hours in total.

When we came back, a teenage girl was some mix of crying and yelling at her father who she’d clearly called to help her deal with the situation. Her father was, in fairness, very apologetic and was not particularly having any of what his daughter was laying down.

4 Likes

It seems odd, driving to a gym to use a treadmill to run. How about not driving to the gym and go for a jog around the park, saving on fuel, parking, possible accidents etc. Or, call me crazy, jog to the gym to use the weights, pool etc.

1 Like