Cute Wonder Woman lunchbox banned from school for being too violent

[Read the post]

1 Like

OK. The dress code can make all the requests it wants. We politely decline to abide.

20 Likes

Replace the lariat with a bowling ball

6 Likes

Jeez… no superheroes at all ever? I has the sads. Someone needs to take the stick out of the collective school boards butt.

14 Likes

Possibly also… mention of two(!) Greek goddesses :wink:

4 Likes

I’m guessing they’d allow lunchboxes with images of Dick Cheney or G.W. Bush?

17 Likes

‘We have defined “violent characters” as those who solve problems using violence.’

I certainly hope they ban all police and military imagery as well.

26 Likes

Oh yeah, the presidential lunch box line was sssoooooo popular when I was a kid.

Seriously though. WTF is wrong with people. This sanitized wimpification just sickens me. You can have my Star WARS lunch box when you can pry if from my cold dead hands.

OH no - it has a gun on it! Lock the school DOWN!

12 Likes
Not sure if it's the scary-looking lasso or the ass-kicking red boots......

More likely, it’s those killer boobs.

6 Likes

When I look at that image, of an overly sexualized caricature of a woman, particularly in the context where the implied intent is to “do some violence” and all thought was blocked out by Perry Farrell whispering in my ear “Sex is violence”

2 Likes

Do you think they don’t? I would be extremely surprised.

2 Likes

Here’s the buried lede:

We have defined “violent characters” as those who solve problems using violence.

Local school bans police officers from campus, refuses to celebrate Veteran's Day, Memorial Day and Independence Day, removes red stripes from American Flag

29 Likes

Not so fast with that Snoopy lunchbox, either

13 Likes

I look forward to the Wonder Woman presidential lunchbox

5 Likes

Captain Planet?

3 Likes

Not to nitpick (ok, precisely to nitpick) but it would appear that the image on the lunchbox itself is not considered too violent, but the character of Wonder Woman in general is. And likewise all other superheroes. Man, that is some bullshit.

12 Likes

If only a kid showed up with a lunchbox based on early Wonder Woman’s themes of bondage, dominance, and submission:

7 Likes

The school wishes to maintain a total monopoly on violence. They will violently suppress any dissent, if necessary calling in armed, uniformed thugs in order to prevent dissidents from receiving any useful education. .

Seriously, that is how it plays out, 100% of the time.

20 Likes

So no Tom & Jerry, roadrunner, Bugs Bunny, Popeye or just about any cartoon you’d care to name either?

6 Likes

Hell, My Little Pony has some violence.

5 Likes