Cybertruck now almost $100k after scrapping base model and raising prices

Originally published at: Cybertruck now almost $100k

7 Likes

well, I wouldnt call 10 bucks short of $100,000 “nearly” $100k…it is $100k.

8 Likes

Wouldn’t it be better to just buy a luxury car from a normal company and paste your net worth on the side of the vehicle?

15 Likes

debt-credit-card

6 Likes

From what I’ve heard, Tesla employees live in fear about being assigned to Musk’s stupid adolescent fantasy made real. The existence of the Cybertruck should be material evidence both in specific lawsuits against his compensation package and in the larger effort to outlaw billionaires.

17 Likes

I checked out /r/cyberstuck - Some funny stuff there. Loved these comments on a thread where an owner reports being unable to secure insurance on their Cybertruck in NY.

13 Likes

8 Likes

That’s a lot of money for an emergency cell phone charger.

19 Likes

My 500c does that for a much lower outlay, just my five bucks on the subject.

Elon’s mastery of economics is unparalleled…it’s amazing how he’s able to raise prices while maintaining all that excess inventory! Huzzah! Just like telling X advertisers to fuck off…genius!

5 Likes

tenor-11

1 Like

This vehicle was made for one reason, getting attention.

1 Like

The same goes for Xitter.

3 Likes

Ah yes, the truck that was announced at $39,900.

And was still overpriced then.

8 Likes

Well, they had to buy better glue for the trim panels. Gotta pass that on to the consumer.

4 Likes

11 Likes

Came to point that out, glad I read the thread first. $900 difference between the price hike, and the announcement price. If Musk was capable of shame, that should have made him feel it.

3 Likes

9 Likes

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.