Cybertruck owner fakes a malfunction, gets hit with real karma

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/15/cybertruck-owner-fakes-a-malfunction-gets-hit-with-real-karma.html

4 Likes

There’s some kind of instructive metaphor in so many people falling for these junky, poorly made Tesla products.

And that guy really does look like a kid standing next to a 1950s prop for cheap sci fi movies. It looks like plywood that’s been painted silver.

19 Likes

i’ll never understand the Tesla/Cybertruck/Musk worship. Boggles my mind.

19 Likes

Shall we wait 'ere long upon the published article detailing the person (who is of at least middling intellect and) who having purchased a cybertruck, remains well pleased with that purchase? (“Might as well be yourself, Oscar, as everyone else is already taken”)

5 Likes

So the manual release cord might only work once?

8 Likes

all sympathy goes out the window within reading the first sentence, which includes “Cybertruck”, “TikTok”, and “enthusiast”.

10 Likes

Crisis actor identified. No one cares about your overpriced-low-polygon-cheap-looking brick. Cybertruck proved you can buy ridicule and intelligence showcase but not class.

7 Likes

He seems nice.

15 Likes

When the title said “hit with real karma” I thought it was referring to one of these:

10 Likes

Cybertruck owner fakes a malfunction

I was expecting something like this…

6 Likes

If that’s the case it would be very on-brand for Tesla, which seems to have a thing about manual releases causing unexpected damage when used as intended.

8 Likes

The sympathy, I’m looking for it. I’m looking for it for this guy…

…uh, no. I’m not finding any.

4 Likes

9 Likes

Crazy… Several older-brand vehicles have a manual release that can be used without breaking the window, even if window indexing doesn’t happen due to a dead battery.

2 Likes

Big Car Window infiltrated Tesla’s design team, obviously.

1 Like

cognitive dissonance.

I’m concerned that videos like this could fuel a stereotype of Cybertruck owners as idiots.

I’m sure Cybertruck owners have the same concern about being so stereotyped. Having spent so much on a magnet for ridicule of both car and owner, some may feel compelled to save face by claiming to all their total satisfaction with their purchase – while thinking back then spitting on the day they shelled out 50 to 70 grand.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.