Da Musicz

Bedtime music videos. Ethereal music and people lying on, well, beds. Or floating above them. Whatever

The OG version

2 Likes

From the era when Robert Smith was playing with the Banshees… it was a special on the BBC (which our British mutants of an age might remember?). But it includes music clips that are basically the Creatures and the Glove…

7 Likes
2 Likes

I’m not crying, you’re crying…

2 Likes
2 Likes

This song has been in my head the last few days, for obvious reasons:

This was released before most people were born so for context it came out a year after the Soviet invasion of Czechoslovakia and YT doesn’t have the subtitle; (Dedicated to the Neo-Stalinist Regime).

I was listening to a Ukrainian minister being interviewed on Saturday and she was talking about a child being born in a cellar/bomb shelter which reminded me of the generational misery of war. This song by Alfie Benge and Robert Wyatt is named for a child born in a basement sheltering from bombing whose father had been born similarly hiding from an air raid.

5 Likes

Seems especially appropriate with the Eurovision connection

6 Likes

God I love ABBA. I just totally love them.

2 Likes

This is delightfully strange and anachronistic…

2 Likes
1 Like

The good Bella Ruse

2 Likes

Finlandia for Ukraine

Many papers also report on the stirring rendition of the iconic Finnish hymn Finlandia — with the title word changed to Ukraina (the Finnish word for Ukraine) — that was performed outside the Russian embassy in Helsinki on Tuesday evening.

The recital was led by the renowned Ylioppilaskunnan Laulajat (YL Male Voice Choir), with Helsingin Sanomat writing that the choir wanted to show sympathy and support for Ukraine and to condemn Russia’s war of aggression.

“Our song echoes for the struggles of Ukraine - for its brave people and for the common security of the whole of Europe,” YL President and CEO Jarno Oikkonen said in a press release.

Finlandia is a tone poem written by the Finnish composer Jean Sibelius in 1899 as a covert protest against increasing censorship by the Russian Empire.

The HS article also includes a video of the performance.:

6 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like
4 Likes

There is no Neil Frances

1 Like

And a classic…

1 Like

Mina Spiler…

Clueless Movie Aww GIF by filmeditor

3 Likes

Why sing when you can talk instead?

This has strong 80s vibes for me. Why does it feel like I have heard this before? Is it just that for some reason there are tracks worn deep into my brain that prepared me for it?

And this asshole… (not the band, the subject of the song)

And just cuz

3 Likes

:thinking:
Maybe touring a lot leads to songs about driving…
Life in the Fast Lane

Take It Easy

Take It to the Limit

1 Like