Da Musicz

Stuck in my head.

5 Likes

Thank you! I love found audio over music and had never heard of PSB before this!

Here is another old favorite along these lines:

2 Likes
6 Likes

You’re welcome. I love Public Service Broadcasting (the band in this case) and if you do like music set to copious samples of archive material then they should be right up your street. All their albums and the EP are certainly worth a listen.

Spitfire also sounds superb live.

4 Likes

13 Likes
3 Likes

The groove reminds me so much of Pell Mell and Galaxie 500.

3 Likes

I liked his smooth walk-off — gone.

1 Like

I’m unfamiliar with either but i would not be surprised, it’s not a wholly original concept i suppose but i like their approach to taking a moment of history and exploring it through archive material.

ETA: I just realised you’re talking more about the sound and not the technique of sampling stuff. My reading fail. :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

FYI: Pell Mell (the American instrumental rock band) and not Pell Mell (the German progressive rock band). :grin:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Reminded me of this song by my friend, Joe Pop-o-pie

3 Likes

Because I am a bad person, I never read the initiating post for this thread, which leads off with “Too much negative soul-suck, needs more cowbell, stat; In other words, please post some ‘feel good’ tunes from eras bygone.” and as a result have sometimes used it to post new music that I like. Is that cool, or should there be a separate thread for new music discovery?

3 Likes

This is a great interview with Dawn Richard… brings up lots of interesting issues such as race and racism, major labels vs. indies…

https://www.soundopinions.org/show/816

“blade runner in New Orleans”

3 Likes

Didn’t know UB40 were still recording, but some upbeat reggae its hitting just right tonight:

3 Likes

UB40, Dublin,1982…

3 Likes
3 Likes

I believe she put only one album out… which is a terrible shame.

3 Likes

I knew them as The Faces… when Rod Stewert was with them!

4 Likes

I think this name called my attention because it is in a verse of “Eight Miles High” by The Byrds.

Indeed.

2 Likes