Dachshund + Pitbull: greatest dog breed ever

OK!I must now tell you the story of the Belgian Ambucheres.

Old buddies, Kevin and Janet, had a wolf named Jasmine.

Jasmine got knocked up by a Dachshund (she fell asleep? No one knows) and had some cubs? Puppies? (Cuppies? Pubs?) They looked like long, little wolves. They liked hiding behind things and jumping you.

So, Kevin and Janet ran this leather shop up in Colorado and one day two women and a guy come into the store.

Kevin takes the guy and shows him belts and wallets or whatever and the guy asks about the puppies (because they’re playing out front) and Kevin explains the deal and no, we don’t know and don’t ask and there it is.

Janet is showing the two women whatever it is she’s showing them and one of them asks about the puppies and Janet comes up with some bullshit about how they are Belgian Ambucheres. “The other hunting dogs would wear the prey down and then the Ambuchere would be waiting.”

And one of the women asks Janet to elaborate and she spins an amazing story about the breed and how they were lost but came over with early fur trappers and so on and so forth and…

“Well,” the woman says, “I’m with the American Kennel Society and I’d love to re-introduce the breed.”

“Oh!” Janet says. “How nice.” (Big smile)

The three folks make their purchases and are on their way out the door and the AKS woman turns to the man and asks, “Did you see those little dogs out front? Those are Belgian Ambucheres and we’re going to see if we can have them re-introduced.”

The guy points at Kevin and says, “He told me they were a wolf\Dachshund mix and no they don’t know how it happened.”

Everyone turns and looks at Janet.

She shrugs. “I lied.”

4 Likes

I do volunteer work in a no-kill shelter.

Piss off.

1 Like

Needs accompaniment?

The angle of that photo makes his head look bigger than it appears, I think. In the linked site’s video he doesn’t like quite so freaky. Kinda like a more muscular/less-weinerish daschund. And why wouldn’t you let it near a small child? Both daschunds and pit bulls can be great with children, if properly socialized (though overly exuberant pits can have a tendency to knock toddlers down, particularly puppies that don’t realize how big they are). I don’t know anything about this dog other than I think it looks pretty cool, so I couldn’t make any judgment call one way or another whether it would be good with kids. I just know that I totally want one!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.