Denver voters repeal pit bull ban

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/04/denver-voters-repeal-pit-bull-ban.html

3 Likes

WTF? As if there wasn’t enough bullshit going on already///

3 Likes

Did you misread the headline? Pit bulls are OK in Denver again. This is good news.

6 Likes

If they are so dangerous, can’t you claim a 2nd amendment right to own one?

13 Likes

Remind me: Why is it good news that people can have pit bulls again?

7 Likes

Because they are no more dangerous than other large dog breeds, and the ban was based on cherry-picking data, and probably had some racial bias to it, given how popular the breed is/was with Black people? I used to think pit bulls were bad, too, but I’ve been convinced by data that they aren’t.

22 Likes

It is neither good nor bad.

The disappointing part is that we still haven’t dealt with the issue of bad pet owners.

16 Likes

I’m having dissonance problems with the pic. :exploding_head:

17 Likes

No one is going to comment on that photo?

16 Likes

Dude, that’s not a pitbull in the photo. That’s a Staffordshire bull terrier. They are often confused for one another.

28 Likes

That’s what I came here for,.

6 Likes

I thought it was a cow.

10 Likes

Yup! So did I!

5 Likes

And you were right.

11 Likes

Thank Dog!
:rofl:
ETA Someone needs to tell @frauenfelder.

3 Likes

What is the (legal) definition of a pit bull? Do we pull out the calipers? Is there a judge who just “knows one when they see one”? Are there known restriction fragment length polymorphisms? (“y’see yer honor, how his business card says ‘Purveyor of bespoke pit bulls to the crown heads o’ Europe’? Now, regardless to the fact that he was shipping munchkin kittens…”)

Glad people have realized that there aren’t bad dogs, just bad owners.

5 Likes

I assumed it was a sly joke.

8 Likes

Ob pitty weeper video. They really are the sweetest dogs when not raised by horrible people.

11 Likes

Of course; I’m a bit slow on the uptake today, I’m afraid. :blush:

1 Like