Dachshund + Pitbull: greatest dog breed ever

[Permalink]

That cannot be real. If it is … there is no way in hell I’d let it near a small child.

yep, he’s real. the rescue has video of him running around. seems to be a happy boy. thankfully, neutered.

Were there any odd pods laying around?

7 Likes

There has to be a clever portmanteau name for this. Pit bull + weiner dog = Peener dog? Bull Weiner? Help me out here, guys.

This is almost as much of an unholy amalgamation as the Pitbull + Ke$ha tour.

4 Likes

It’s like a walking bad photoshop.

2 Likes

Peiner Dog

1 Like

I once met a dachshund/rottweiler cross. It looked like a coffee table with a head.

7 Likes

It’s Frankendog. You can see the stitches.

I’m still waiting for my Great Dane/Chihuahua mix, which I plan to then breed with a Corgi/Greyhound mix.

1 Like

In high school/college I worked at a truck stop… I recall a couple that were cruising on those giant scooters that sort of look like a Honda Gold Wing. They had chihuahua/german shepard mix dogs in cages on the back of the scooters. That sounds like it might be a cute mix, but they were not – they kinda looked like a giant Chernobyl rat. Everything was a bit odd: the bikes, the dogs, and the couple kinda looked a bit inbred as well. Definitely some happy mutants.

3 Likes

Scrappy-Doo looking jackass.

3 Likes

So when it runs and stops suddenly, does it flop forward onto its face?

3 Likes

It doesn’t say which breed is the father and which is the mother. But either way, you have to admire their determination.

3 Likes

Also:

3 Likes

I saw a dachshund + german shepherd mix once that was really bizarre. The body was dachshund in shape and size, the head was shepherd and would have been normal for a full sized german shepherd.

1 Like

“Little creatures of nature, they don’t know that they’re ugly.”

1 Like

Cute lookin’ pooch. I’ve got a similarly odd unit, also an adoption.

This is Hank Solo. Part Corgi, part Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

1 Like

I totally disagree that this is the “greatest dog breed ever.” It takes two wonderful dogs and makes it into an abomination. I love both breeds (especially the dachshund), but separately. That poor dog. However, I would be willing to take him, if he were/is in a kill-shelter.