Dad makes awesome toddler toy

Don’t worry. Toddlers aren’t known for tripping and falling.

3 Likes

I trained mine to work the VCR and left her out some cornflakes. Soon as I heard the Simpsons theme tune come on, and she started singing her om nom nom cornflake eating song, I knew I could get a lie in.

4 Likes

My eldest is quite adept at the Roku 'mote, and amazingly, is very good at never again watching a show that mommy and daddy say “is for bigger kids.”

People talk about the evils of using television as a babysitter.

And, to be honest, when looking at our cable and netflix bills all piled up, I think a flesh-n-blood sitter might be cheaper.

1 Like

The only thing that concerns me is the strangulation hazard of the cord. But pinched fingers won’t kill you and is a good learning experience. I used to cut myself on barbed wire all the time…

1 Like

Ain’t that the truth?!

I’d suggest pegboard:

3 Likes

I did too, which makes me feel sad. Isn’t this toy also useful to teach toddlers that certain things can pinch their fingers? This is exactly something my father would have made for me and he wasn’t sadistic by any means.

1 Like

I love this idea, but after getting rung up for $90 worth of items at the hardware store I reconsidered. Hasps, hooks, locks, casters, etc. add up quickly. My youngest is probably aging out of something like this unfortunately. Maybe if I just had unused stuff laying around I would consider making something like this, but buying everything new makes it pretty expensive.

Or when the not so carefully balanced board falls on the toddler and you are explaining to the hospital how he got a door stopper in his ear.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.