Dallas Halloween decorations prompt multiple police visits

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/28/dallas-halloween-decorations-prompt-multiple-police-visits.html

8 Likes

That… is pretty intense, I have to say.

30 Likes

“It was raining a lot and washing the blood away so I indefatigably ‘watered’ the bodies every morning for a while to the dismay of early dog walkers and joggers saying as they passed ‘Watering the bodies!’”

Maybe somebody should check his basement just to be safe.

19 Likes

Wow. That is pretty awesome - yet maybe too much for the normies?

10 Likes

Seems like overkill.

41 Likes

I bet in normal times, they even had the good trick or treat goodies!

5 Likes

10 Likes

No, this is Overkill.

what he has going on is just serious dedication to the holiday conceptually.

I applaud- yeah that’s a bit nuts but I wish my Halloween decorations got the cops called on me!

on second thought… I hate cops…so…hmm.

6 Likes

I’m sorry, but I firmly believe the proper initial response to police knocking on your door because of a gory Halloween display should be “What took you so long?”

19 Likes

Yeah, it would definitely be nice if there were some group other than the police to handle situations like this, but I personally would rather this level of gore wasn’t in public. Keep it a haunted house or hayride. We had neighbors who would set up their houses as little haunted experiences, and kids could just walk through their houses to get their candy. As a parent now, that seems insane, and I never wanted to go in as a kid, which is I think a choice kids/parents should have…

6 Likes

Reminds me of an interesting episode of Michael Moore’s show TV Nation (IIRC). They rented a house and set up a huge shadow play in the living room window every night. The goal was to find out at what point the neighbors would call the police.

Nothing happened after fights, what looked like one person killing the other, putting parts into a bag, etc… The reactions finally came when the actor dug a grave in the front yard. I thought for sure someone would have a comment about the extremely blood-stained mattress set out for trash pickup, but nope.

:woman_shrugging:t4:
ETA: I found it!

9 Likes

No, THIS IS OVERKILL!!!

9 Likes

“If you see something, say something”
At least this keeps the cops doing something harmless

2 Likes

Once the neighbors get used to the display he can kill with impunity.

12 Likes

I’m recalling a show- forget which one- where the murder of the week is discovered when the halloween display of a hanged person is left up a little too long and someone investigates to find it’s real.

4 Likes

Sometimes it goes the other way.

9 Likes

“You guys from Grndr, right?” would also work

4 Likes

An aptly named character from The Tick if there ever was one.

13 Likes

How tasteless.

I love it!

3 Likes

An extra gag would be for a neighbor to add an extra body one night. Give the owner a bit of a scare too.

7 Likes