Dan Savage lives up to his name in this tweet about lying liar George Santos

Originally published at: Dan Savage lives up to his name in this tweet about lying liar George Santos | Boing Boing

11 Likes

For those who don’t know the reference:

“To lose one parent, Mr Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness.”

–Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest, 1895

49 Likes

HFS, that made me guffaw. Savage and Wilde.

26 Likes

If Dan Savage has any kids, I hope one is named Wilde.

19 Likes

I believe he and his husband adopted at least one child, but sadly I don’t think they went for the gag name.

13 Likes

28 Likes

In addition, Santos doesn’t understand the necessity for an apostrophe.

7 Likes

Having three mothers is within the range of possible today.

• Gene mother.
  • Egg mother.
  • Host mother.
13 Likes

Lots of kids have more than one mother, just as Dan Savage’s kid has more than one father. But I don’t think Santos ever claimed that the discrepancy in the date of his mother’s passing was due to him having more than one mom.

21 Likes

She got better?

27 Likes

(snorted)

6 Likes

“How extravagant you are, throwing away mothers like that. Someday they may be scarce.”

11 Likes
  • Foster mother.
  • Adoptive mother.

And in Santos’ case,

• Fictional mother(s).
19 Likes

But the ones I listed are biological moms. (Oh to be there when some bureaucrat wants his form filled out properly. :rofl:)

I guess fiction boy had a mom, but I’ll wait for supporting evidence.

6 Likes

There’s an app for that…

2 Likes

“motherless son of a goat!”

4 Likes

According to Auric Goldfinger: “Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, the third time it’s enemy action.” So we should wait for her to die a third time before jumping to conclusions.

“Hey, I died twice.” – Buffy Summers

12 Likes

I thought it was “son of a motherless goat”?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.