Dance your cares away with the new Fraggle Rock Holiday Special

Originally published at: Dance your cares away with the new Fraggle Rock Holiday Special | Boing Boing

5 Likes

When I was a kid I wished soo hard that Doozers were real because I wanted one as a friend.

Happy Fraggle Rock GIF

10 Likes

Fraggle Rock GIF by Apple TV+

3 Likes

And just like that, the holiday season was saved.

3 Likes

Obligatory reference to toughpigs.com all things Muppety

1 Like

Apparently, Jim Henson conceived Fraggle Rock as a way to bring about world peace.

Obviously it didn’t, but it certainly appealed to a wide audience. It succeeded in uniting my family around one TV show. Even my dad, who didn’t have much interest in TV, loved it.

I was at an age where I was losing interest in TV too but I still made it my business to be home when it was on, and I recall it was always a subject for discussion in school the following day.

The link is pay-walled, so load the page and immediately hit the X button…

2 Likes

Instant earworm - but I can forgive it for Fraggles.

3 Likes

Pretty much everything he put out was wonderful. I feel sad for the people who did not grow up with the Muppets prior to Henson’s death… Fraggle Rock, The Storyteller, the original Muppet Show, Sesame Street, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, Emmett Otter’s Jugband Christmas, etc… all wonderful stuff.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.