Daniel Radcliffe is amazing in the teaser trailer for "Weird: The Al Yankovic Story"

Okay, that looks interesting. I am looking forward to this.

1 Like

No love for Otto?

2 Likes

Canada seems to have more than its fair share of musical comedy groups. You’ve got The Frantics, The Arrogant Worms, Moxy Früvous, Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie, and those are just the ones that I can think of off the top of my head.

4 Likes

OK boomer…

3 Likes

I was going to suggest we Make Accordions Great Again, but now I’m not so sure that’s a good idea…

6 Likes

3 Likes

9 Likes

A little. But acknowledging the fact that some people who were much, much more talented for that wrote his best shows!

Robert Gernhardt is one of my favourite lyricists. He is deeply missed.

2 Likes

Most of them are rather unique, and two unique people in the same room is possibly already reaching a critical mass of uniqueness. A fusion might occur and eradicate all fun out of it.

ETA:
Australia - Tim Minchin.

Switzerland has several contenders, through the ages. I would personally say Franz Hohler, but maybe he’s not the most obvious choice due to his instrumentation.

1 Like

Immer einer behender als du – Du kriechst – Er geht – Du gehst – Er läuft – Du läufst Er fliegt: Einer immer noch behender.
Einer immer begabter als du – Du liest – Er lernt – Du lernst – Er forscht – Du forschst – Er findet: Einer immer noch begabter.
Immer einer berühmter als du – Du stehst in der Zeitung – Er steht im Lexikon – Du stehst im Lexikon – Er steht in den Annalen – Du stehst in den Annalen – Er steht auf dem Sockel: Einer immer noch berühmter…
Immer einer beliebter als du – Du wirst gelobt – er wird geliebt – Du wirst geehrt – Er wird verehrt – Dir liegt man zu Füßen – Ihn trägt man auf Händen: Einer immer noch beliebter…
Immer – Immer – Immer.

3 Likes

There’s also Ben Folds. If the US gets to have an East Coast Culture and West Coast Culture, Ben gets to represent the East.

1 Like

Thanks for posting this tweet, I actually LOL’d.

Oh far from just one per generation, but the general population only has so much attention span. Al has been exceptionally prolific and consistent, of course.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.