Daniel Radcliffe will play Weird Al Yankovic in new biopic

Originally published at: Daniel Radcliffe will play Weird Al Yankovic in new biopic | Boing Boing

10 Likes
8 Likes

This is both the best and worst idea ever?!

3 Likes

I feel like this is a Mad Libs headline:

[actor] will star in a new biopic about the life of [celebrity]. It will show on the [television channel].

7 Likes

Frankly, I am intrigued.

22 Likes

Same here.

19 Likes

I’d love to see a Weird Al biopic.

Seeing him interviewed on Nickelodeon as a child was great. Just how casual he was, with a lot less sense of polishing a persona than you usually got.

Plus the life advice that if you want to get a tattoo, at least think about the design for more than a couple days.

6 Likes

Not sure i’ll ever watch it, but it was already worth it for Al’s quotes about the project.

Maybe i’ll catch his next flick in 2055

4 Likes

I’m all for a Weird Al biopic, but Al is 6’ 0" and kind of a stringbean – his stature has a lot to do with who Al is. Radcliff is like 5’ 5". But hey, what the hell?

Jeff Bridges as Dr. Demento, perhaps?

10 Likes

"Daniel Radcliffe will play Weird Al Yankovic in new biopic"

These are words that have meanings that I recognize, but somehow I can’t wrap my head around them as a whole. Possibly this is a good thing.

10 Likes

It can’t possibly be stranger than Swiss Army Man.

(Can it?)

4 Likes

I think the 2013 “Funny or Die” parody biopic got it right the first time:

11 Likes

They should just have Dr. Demento play himself.

3 Likes

Aside from the previously mentioned height thing, I can actually picture Radcliffe doing a good job on this. I am now picturing him with Al’s super long curly hair, and the thought is appropriately … weird.

3 Likes

“When Weird Al first sat me down against my will and told me his life story, I didn’t believe any of it, but I knew that we had to make a movie about it.”

If this is Wierd Al:s own version of his life it could be fun. Kind of like ‘Big Fish’.

6 Likes

VH1’s Behind the Music about Al is pretty great. Most of their shows are about how messed up, say, Guns & Roses were behind the scenes. Whereas Al’s is so refreshingly wholesome.
“WHEN WE COME BACK: AL’S PAIN.
'And then my third album [sob] didn’t go [sob] double platinum! [sob]
[sob]
[stops sobbing and looks at the camera]
That good? That’ll do it for you?”

9 Likes

That could create a bit of a funny surreal joke, to have this 80 year old playing his much much younger self and everyone just pretending nothing is amiss.

2 Likes

Wasn’t that pretty much what they did with a whole bunch of the guest stars on That 70s Show? Alice Cooper played himself, along with many other aging folks who were big in the ‘70s.

1 Like

I never knew De Niro was in a Frankenstein remake.

6 Likes

7 Likes