Danny Kaye and Louis Armstrong

[Permalink]

2 Likes

Danny Kaye! He is the greatest Walter Mitty, in my opinion at least. I know that James Thurber hated the movie, but I enjoyed it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So many of his films are just classic. A few years ago Pesco blogged a clip from The Court Jester, Never Out Fox the Fox. So amazing. So many of his movies are favorites I’m now considering spending the weekend watching them.

1 Like

I haven’t seen that film in years. I’m going to have to look for it now.
Oh, and perhaps I’ll have a drink from the flagon with the dragon - I think that’s the one with the brew that’s true.
I think I’ll be watching a few Danny Kaye films this weekend too.

2 Likes

the pellet with the poison is in the vessel with the pestle

2 Likes

he does a mean version of “I’ve got a Lovely Bunch of Coconuts,” too

Right, but there’s been a change. They broke the chalice from the palace.

The poison with the pellet is in the dragon with the pestle. Err…

1 Like

Thanks - this was a joy to watch. Perfect start to the holiday weekend.

1 Like

I like how they can turn a straight minute of gibberish into the best part of the tune. Danny Kaye is terrific but Pops is tops.

1 Like

Can’t help but compare this to the new JayZ - Justin Timberlake video that launched today - on several levels.

It has it’s merits, but somehow falls a little flat compared to this performance.

1 Like

I’ve always wondered what the thinking was behind adding the magnetized armor to the tongue-twister scene. It really ramps up the chaos in the end, but that random bolt of lightning out of a completely clear sky (complete with a guard with magical lightning-prediction powers) makes it seem like it was a bright idea someone had near the end of the process that had to be shoehorned in.

I think it was just another gag they added in. I agree with what I think you are implying: that it wasn;'t really needed.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.