David Cassidy, 1950-2017

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/11/21/david-cassidy-1950-2017.html

1 Like
16 Likes

Oh god, that’s hilarious! I missed this movie. Gonna rectify that this weekend.

2 Likes

Dammit :cry:

RIP, David

4 Likes

Met David once back in 90s. At that point he was doing dinner theatre where I worked as a busboy (Calgary). Regardless - very nice guy who felt comfortable shooting the shit with just about anyone after the show. RIP.

Ps - at that time (and maybe now still) - dinner theatre attracted a ton of household names to very much off the beaten track places. Perhaps some were just collecting a paycheque - but I can attest that others just wanted to practice their craft and entertain others.

Names like Don Knotts, Sally Struthers, Gary Sandy, Frank Gorshin, Joyce DeWitt, Adrienne Barbeau - all come to mind of those I’ve met and had a good experience.

20 Likes

Just I thought I’d offer up “I Think I Love You” as it appeared on the show. I think I love this song.

9 Likes

Here is some of David Cassidy’s finest work:

5 Likes

I’ll always love The Partridge Family.

2 Likes

I also love The Ben Stiller Show and Love American Style.

2 Likes

Frank Gorshin

Oh, my, I’m envious!

1 Like

Nature’s first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf’s a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

2 Likes

Which movie is that?

Crooklyn, Spike Lee (1994)

3 Likes

Some tributes from his showbiz peers:

I’m very sad to hear about David Cassidy. There were times in the mid-1970s when he would come over to my house and we even started writing a song together. He was a very talented and nice person. Love & Mercy to David and his family.
— Brian Wilson (@BrianWilsonLive) November 22, 2017

so sad to hear of the passing of david cassidy… he was always so kind to me - such a pleasure to have had him on my show… sending love and prayers to his family… R.I.P. friend :heart:pic.twitter.com/tsFkNiJzFc
— Harry Connick Jr (@HarryConnickJR) November 22, 2017

Very hard to #GetHappy right now… My condolences to his family, loved ones & the millions who idolized him around the world. #RIPDavidCassidy pic.twitter.com/wQW9wuBf8B
@HamillHimself (@HamillHimself) November 22, 2017

#DavidCassidy. You were so sweet to me and you left us too soon. To me and millions of us you were forever young. RIP. pic.twitter.com/3JcjvKiUIA
— Marlee Matlin (@MarleeMatlin) November 22, 2017

I grew up in an era before even cable TV, when The Partridge Family was already in reruns. David Cassidy’s Keith was one of my favorite TV characters. He was legit funny AND he could sing. The man entertained me during my childhood and even years later: https://t.co/678DU7qTxh
— KevinSmith (@ThatKevinSmith) November 22, 2017

#DavidCassidy and The Partridge Family were my childhood. He made a huge impact on my cultural universe. Sending love and respect to his family.
— Ben Stiller (@RedHourBen) November 22, 2017

2 Likes

1 Like

I remember as a little kid reading the local paper and its story of how a gay-oriented magazine (Blue Boy?) had named DC its ‘pin-up’ of the month (or something similar along those lines). DC’s reaction (per the story) was one of great delight, he saying that he was honored. This was in the day when gayness just wasn’t talked about, much less honored by. DC was cool.

2 Likes

My favorite Partridge Family song was their 20-minute cover of the Doors “The End”.

2 Likes

It’s Crooklyn

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.