David Dao's injuries: concussion, two front teeth knocked out, broken nose

Van Hollen bill will split up over musical differences…

32 Likes

According to the LA Times, there is no second David Dao, it was basically a Wikipedia editor’s error. (Again, not as if his past record has any bear g at all on the larger story)

7 Likes

*disseminating. Not inseminating.

4 Likes

Eh, it has a certain metaphorical truth.

7 Likes

Yes, and it’s been seemin that way for a long time.

8 Likes

I typo’d it and when i clicked to correct it seems it autocorrected to a totally different word lol. Did not notice… think i’ll leave it there :wink:

4 Likes

Plusses AND minuses there, though.

3 Likes

As some people mentioned, China is the lion’s share of United’s business and said people were speculating that the Chinese would jump to the conclusion that this guy was targeted for his ethnicity.

Well, as fate would have it, I ended up at a Dim Sum place in Chinatown last night at midnight, where they keep a constant satellite feed to Chinese programming. Indeed, the Chinese news stations do not seem amused.

16 Likes

How many cops did it take to push the prisoner down the stairs? None. He fell.

13 Likes

Except that’s exactly how some “crisis management” PR firms work. Step one: call buddy at unethical media outlet to spread dirt on victim. Step two: deny everything. Step three…

10 Likes

It’s certainly a convenient message: complain about mistreatment and we’ll do our best to drag your name into the mud.

3 Likes

14 Likes

It will only apply on trips to Panama

1 Like

I saw the original tweet (now removed) and a Three Part tweet telling the Internet to back off and that there are TWO SIDES TO EVERY STORY

The Internet was not having it

7 Likes

Strange. “Back off, internet!” Is usually so effective.

9 Likes

There are two sides to every story. Of course, Dr. Dao’s previous issues are not part of this story at all, and not connected to either side.
But revealing the airline’s side of this story only makes people hate them more.

4 Likes

What previous issues? The debunked ones that weren’t true?

4 Likes

Yes, those. Still irrelevant to the current issue.

2 Likes

As if they even knew about that “fact” at the time.

2 Likes

Small point, but do you have a source for that? What I’ve read is that two others were asked to leave and they did; then he and his wife were asked to leave and he pushed back. By all accounts, now, firmly but politely.