David Duke banned from Twitter

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/31/former-klan-grand-wizard-david.html

12 Likes

Shorter Twitter: hatemongering is OK, but we draw the line at spreading bad health advice that affects white people.

50 Likes

This season of Slate’s Slow Burn podcast is all about David Duke’s rise in the '80s and '90s and why we should continue to consider him a dangerous force in American politics:

11 Likes

The big story a while back should have been “David Duke Allowed to be On Twitter.”

31 Likes

I bet Duke regrets making throwing away his long, respectable career for this very recent turn toward white supremacy and conspiracy-mongering. You can’t slip this stuff by Twitter, that’s for sure.

I wonder how many of the CancelCulture hysterics are going to have the courage of their convictions and come out with op-eds decrying this ban? How many of the signatories of the Harper’s letter are going to tweet their outrage? When can we expect the John Kass column? (that last one is a deep cut for the Chicago folks)

15 Likes

Just going to leave this here.

25 Likes

What does it say about Twitter that this only happened now?

26 Likes

“and even joined the Republican Party“

Edit: sheesh…just realized my go-to Swedish Chef’s kiss image is making the “ok” sign coopted by the Proud Boys!

So here we go instead!

14 Likes

over-shadowed by bigger story " Donald Trump Allowed to be On Twitter"

13 Likes

David Bowie, the Thin White Duke = cool.
David Duke = totally uncool.

Details matter here, folks… :slight_smile:

(There is something wrong with the world that the artist is dead, and the hatemongering racist is still alive…)

11 Likes

Great, can we have him banned from planet Earth, too?

11 Likes

I wish we had a Phantom Zone for reals to banish people like Duke.

8 Likes

Why is this jack-hole even a thing any more?

2 Likes

Too fucking little, too fucking late.

7 Likes

Nothing new.

7 Likes

Love that this dingus uses “Dr” in his handle when his PhD was received by a diploma mill in the Ukraine.

4 Likes

He’s working on his back up plan.

5 Likes

This is like if I woke up to the news that Margaret Thatcher died today. I’d be like, “Wait… What? Now? I could have sworn this was true a long time ago…”

5 Likes

what does it mean that Volodymyr Groysman also graduated from there?

I think pretty much that it only recently came to be seen as something that could impact their bottom line…

7 Likes