David Hogg is launching a pillow company to compete against MyPillow

TBF, you need a LARGE amount crack to plan a business venture as revolutionary as Mr. Lindell’s.

1 Like

I want a Hogg Pillow, Now!

11 Likes

Yeah, seems like it would have been a better idea to do the research behind the scenes and get that lined up before making an announcement.

No need for this cheap shot.

2 Likes

I saw a Mike Lindell quote about this: “Good for them… nothing wrong with competition that does not infringe on someone’s patent.”

That really makes it sound like Mike Lindell got some overly-broad patent from the US Patent Office and he’s laying the groundwork to sue. Watch it turn out that he managed to register as the inventor of cloth rectangles sown around stuffing.

P.S. This diminishes my respect for David Hogg a bit. It’s kinda dumb to begin with (every other pillow is a MyPillow alternative), but it’s also turning out to be extremely half-baked. He keeps tweeting to ask about pillow manufacturers and stuff. Do the groundwork before you blow the news coverage for your launch. He’s young, but he should found somebody to advise him on this.

1 Like

7 Likes

Yes, but is it as odd as a switch from pillow maker to nutball lunatic fringe conspiracy fascist? You would honestly think pillow guy would be mellow. I mean, like, pillows, JFC. I imagine the My Pillow pillows yell crazy shit at you while you’re trying to sleep, that’s no good.

3 Likes

Oh man, he’s too young to know there’s no such thing any more… (if there ever was?)

2 Likes

How’s that, now?

He has admitted that he was formerly a crack addict and credits his particular brand of Christianity with his ‘redemption.’

4 Likes

the Whole Hogg!

3 Likes

It’s factual, but in context of the post reads like a judgement of character. It’s not relevant info, and just adds to the atmosphere of stigmatization addicts former and otherwise face in society.

Or to take a snarkier angle, no need to smear former crack addicts by association with this guy.

4 Likes

I mean, I’m straight, but I see the a-peel.

2 Likes

Oh god, I saw a copy of this at a local little free library, and the cover is a lenticular picture. It goes between the picture in the image you linked to and what I assume is a mugshot.

@Blamp

Here’s the patent: https://patents.google.com/patent/US7461424B2/

It seems reasonably narrow.

2 Likes

3 Likes

His only experience is as an activist with a very friendly media to boost him. This is exactly what I’d expect.

Or he understands that the medium is the message.

The primary point here is forgrounding the idea of a company that ‘does not try to overthrow american decmocracy…’

1 Like

Defund the Pillow [pans across King size pillow with 6 pockets, an oddly ripped rendition of the USA flag, pinstripes in clay and conglomerate tones, and somehow a cleated butt stock.]
Send Headrests, 0 Arrests
Lucid Follow On Consent
The World’s Most Proustian Cillow [it menaces with a flowing beard and mustache [black curls, red, secret straight-cut short vers.]]
Dakimakura Constraint Silencer
Dark Mode Companion Cubist
No Special Immunity to Feather Batts
African Head Charge
Dancers Patrol Hand Out Good Water
Drill for Incursion of Adoring Guests

7 Likes

The interview was on Newsmax so fascist lunatics are a key audience demographic.

If you want to know what separates David Hogg’s pillows-to-be from all the others, well there you are. If you work for a pillow maker and want to be unionised, maybe we can make it happen.

2 Likes

You’d think #3 at least wouldn’t need to be said explicitly, and yet…

8 Likes

Not when he’s a current Trump addict.

2 Likes