MyPillow products were dropped from major stores

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/19/mypillow-products-were-dropped-from-major-stores.html

16 Likes

This reminded me of a fun tweet:

49 Likes

140|nullxnull

46 Likes

Maybe they can arrange to drop mypillow’s CEO, I’d suggest a deep well, half filled with his pillows?

10 Likes

14 Likes

If this dope still can’t acknowledge that speech has consequences – even for wealthy white males – at least he’s a little closer to understanding that his beloved free market was never as free as he pretended it was.

34 Likes

Unfortunately it’s a private firm, which means Lindell probably had his lawyer write the charter so that any other company officers can’t vote him out.

Fortunately, the pillows are shit. I was buying a pillow last year at Bed, Bath & Beyond and saw them so I gave them a begloved squeeze out of mild curiosity how this turd made his fortune. They really are aggressively mediocre overpriced crap.

24 Likes

If your only problem with them is you think they’re overpriced, try checking out using discount code QANON for 66% savings.

Yes, it’s a legitimate, valid discount code on their site (or at least it was a couple days ago.)

EDIT: I just checked, that code no longer works. It’s probably something else like TRUMP2020 or STOPTHESTEAL now.

EDIT EDIT: I just tried TRUMP2020 and was given the discount. But even if their pillows were free, I wouldn’t buy from them.

37 Likes

I’ll take your word for it. Also, holy shit. I mean, I’m not surprised, but still…holy shit.

And yeah, I wouldn’t have bought it if it had been cloud 9. I wanted to know just how gullible the customers who made him rich were. Turns out, pretty damn gullible.

20 Likes

It’s a fucking pillow. You shove some feathers and/or cotton into a bag and stick it under your head. Wash it every now-and-then. How the hell does someone become rich on this idea?

FFS.

10 Likes

They missed an opportunity. 66.6% would have been perfect. Now with free added brimstone!

14 Likes

Has anyone tried “WEMUSTSECURETHEEXISTENCEOFOURPEOPLEANDAFUTUREFORWHITECHILDREN”?

18 Likes

Interesting to see that TRUMP2020 works. I posted about this the other day, and we discovered that the original words didn’t work.

7 Likes

Come on Walmart and Amazon. It’s your turn now.

14 Likes

I know he never would, but a good rule of thumb for “belief”, is to not equate it with “faith”, but with “being convinced that…”

The whole Q thing would fall apart if people gave the same level of incredulity to things that they have faith in.

6 Likes

Given that he keeps making wildly false and malicious claims about Dominion, and they’re getting ready to unleash their lawyers, he may suddenly find himself needing to sell off his interest in the pillow company soon…

17 Likes

Many of Trump and Lindell’s supporters are saying they’re gonna boycott those stores. I live in a area with a ton of Trump supporters. I seen the outside of the homes that are covered in Trumpaganda. The vast majority of them look like they don’t buy things from those stores in the first place even before those boycotts were discussed. They’re gonna fail big time.

13 Likes

I find it mildly fascinating that the only reason they can imagine for being dropped is “fear.” Disgust (and cold ruthless calculation) don’t seem to factor in.

16 Likes
20 Likes

Why do you hate capitalism, buddy?

Gee, it’s almost like sedition might be bad for the economy.

12 Likes