MyPillow auctioning off "surplus" equipment after $100m loss

Originally published at: MyPillow auctioning off "surplus" equipment after $100m loss | Boing Boing

6 Likes

It’s not like he had a choice, with big box and mall stores dropping his radioactive brand.

19 Likes

Trump’s toxicity is a two-way street. Everything he touches, dies. Everything that touches him, dies.

24 Likes

One thing, though: he claims Bed Bath and Beyond canceled MyPillow, but Bed Bath and Beyond was already pretty much canceled by the free market.

These Galtian titans of industry will grab at any straw to explain away their own incompetence. I see an affinity and joint venture in this crackhead’s future with Elon Musk.

17 Likes

Whenever someone points and says “he/she must be smart, look how rich they are”…
Yea…
100 million bucks up in smoke for his stupid shenanigans. Putting his employees at risk…

15 Likes

I saw a farewell / reunion show of the Doobie Brothers in 1987 at Shoreline in Menlo Park. My brother saw a farewell tour of the Rolling Stones in like 1982.

4 Likes

Mildly surprised that he has workers and equipment, and that it’s not shipped from China with his brand stamped on it.

13 Likes

I wonder if there are any other investors in MyPillow. And if so, what they think about the CEO destroying the company’s good will by associating it with QAnon, Trump, and election conspiracies.

10 Likes

Is this that “go woke go broke” thing I’ve been hearing about?

13 Likes

Unlike the Redcap In Chief, whose signature headgear actually was made in China, Mister My Pillow was trying to resuscitate the American manufacturing capacity. An admirable goal, in the abstract; now, if only he could have kept his mind free of Don-John Two-Scoops’ delusions and grifts, he might have managed to do so.

Alas, one more decent dream set back or destroyed by the toxic touch of Herr Drumphfehnfuhrer.

13 Likes

I’m trying to think of a way to re-phrase it to reflect, you know, objective reality. Going ‘woke’ seems to appeal to an ever-greater number of consumers, while refusing to do so seems to throw up the first of many red flags that usually leads to collapse from corruption, mismanagement, and general idiocy…
What is the generally-accepted monosyllabic antonym for ‘woke’ or ‘wokeness’?
“Orange-pilled” would seem appropriate for the latter but it’s too long.
“Patriotic”, despite the far-right’s attempts to hijack the term, likewise fails due to length and, frankly, fundamental ignorance about what the term actually means.
Any other possibilities?

7 Likes

I saw one commercial where Lindell complained about “cancel culture” and liberals supposedly destroying his business. That’s one out of I don’t know how many different MyPillow commercials I’ve seen, and that one seemed to get pulled pretty quickly.

Someone, probably not Lindell himself, though, realized even his own target demographic wasn’t buying that nonsense.

15 Likes

Pillows… in spaaaaace?

6 Likes

Can’t claim the loss for something that doesn’t exist to begin with.

5 Likes

Go wonk; go bronk.

12 Likes

Out of curiosity, has anyone here tried one of the pillows? We’re they any different, better, than others?

2 Likes

Yea, I was kind of wondering the same thing.
I did find this review, tho.

The best way one tester found to describe it is that it’s like sleeping on overripe peaches or cherries—random, differently sized lumps that were also squishy. Neither tester was a fan of the uneven surface.

4 Likes

That’s pretty funny.

2 Likes

Beau of the Fifth Column has your back.

Go fash, no cash.

9 Likes

I guess his legal crusade against The Machines hasn’t gone so well.

LOL

Years from now historians will assess this period and come up with a list of the Top 10 Fools of MAGA. He will be in the top 5.

5 Likes