Read David Hogg's Good Pillow manifesto

Originally published at: Read David Hogg's Good Pillow manifesto | Boing Boing

7 Likes

So, it’s really a “good pillow”!

12 Likes

OK, but why pillows? And why should I buy this pillow from a software engineer and an activist? Is it as good as other pillows? Better?

3 Likes

So this is what it has come to; I’m being encouraged to read a pillow manifesto.
Time to go for a walk in the woods.

18 Likes

I get it, but in the end it just reifies the model of politics as a witless pantomime smackdown between Red vs. Blue pillow-based identities. Like, what if it turns out the evil pillows are objectively better for sleeping on? Does that mean evil wins just because it’s comfier?

4 Likes

As good as or better than Lindell’s fascism pillow, I’m sure. Makes it easier for a decent person to sleep at night.

10 Likes

My initial impressions are torn between “these are good ideals for a business” and “is this left-wing grift attempting to cash in on culture wars?”

Perhaps I’ve grown cynical. :thinking:

4 Likes

What if it turns out that eating poor babies is objectively tastier than eating organic fruits? Does that mean that evil wins just because it’s tastier?

2 Likes

Green happy fun ball!

1 Like

Well, we all hate Mike Lindell now so someone sensed a business opportunity, because there aren’t a lot of options in pillows, and there isn’t anything on the list about actually being, you know, a good pillow.

2 Likes

Kind of a head-scratcher (the idea of starting a pillow company, not the actual pillows)

From Hogg, no, but I wonder about LeGate:

American internet entrepreneur and Thiel Fellow

6 Likes

It’s a little too much like Latte Larry’s–spite pillows. Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 10 Episode 10 Larry David's Spite Store - YouTube

2 Likes

Possibly because you want to support their cause and you want this sort of business model to spread to other products in the future?

That one should be obvious. It’s a bit petty but well-deserved.

4 Likes

I suppose it’s only a grift if they don’t live up to their manifesto. Otherwise it might be a bad overpriced pillow but you still get what you expected, i.e. a living wage for the unionised workers and donations to charity.

4 Likes

Organic fruit isn’t produced and marketed solely in response to the baby-eating movement

4 Likes

How is that important for deciding to do one or the other?

I feel like that’s the right take. Hopefully it’s a great product.

2 Likes

alright great, but how good’s the pillow?

1 Like

We’ll have to wait and see. Compared to MyPillow? At least it won’t have the smell of taint.

2 Likes