Read David Hogg's Good Pillow manifesto

Eh, that can be ok. Bill gates made his money with “embrace, extend, extinguish” and still managed to do a 180 and work towards the public good. If this “fellow” wants to take his millions and work towards a common good now as penance, so be it.

ill allow it GIF

1 Like

It’s not the entrepreneur thing that makes him suspicious, it’s the Thiel part.

Not that a Thiel fellow has to be like Thiel either, I mean, not all Hitler youth were Hitler supporters.

2 Likes

Right, that’s mostly my point.

At the Wikinedia foundation I worked with a lot of ex-Facebook/ex-Amazon folk who took up a job at the nonprofit to do some good in the world instead. I hope that’s the situation here, too.

3 Likes

…and pay our taxes and not make demands on the cities where we locate our facilities…

But I wish them luck and success.

I didn’t click through, but I assume their slogan is along the lines of “Finally, a pillow that lets you sleep well at night!”

It seems like an odd shift… but good luck, I guess.

“Dang, maybe 100% wool pillowcases weren’t the way to go after all.”

1 Like

Good stretch goal! Rather imagine copying that industrial carpet company’s circular use thing is out.

1 Like

I want someone to pledge that they will forever and always offer at least one or two options that don’t have memory foam on them.

Yep.

In marketing terms this **hole is in a pretty good niche… everyone needs a pillow and everyone’s comfort is directly related to something they use 33% of the day… unless you’re on meth

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.