DC Comics kills Batman image because China insisted it was supporting the Hong Kong protests

So, you are saying that being ultra-rich is incompatible with loving justice? What would you have Bruce Wayne do? Donate all his money to the Gotham Police force and take a regular gig as a Detective? He wouldn’t actually be able to do any other job and be Batman at the same time. How effective would he be without all his gizmos and butler against fighting crime like the Joker? Maybe he could spend it all on social services to try to clean up Gotham? Would all that money stop the creation of the Joker? (That’s ignoring all the work Batman does at a global scale as part of the Justice League.)

4 Likes

How bad off is DC? I mean, sure, those movies didn’t do great, and more money is more money. But doing this to appease a foreign government sets up a bad precedent.

Are they going to recut The Dark Knight to remove this scene?

Or is that all well and good in China?

2 Likes

I think you misinterpreted my response. The questions were genuine. The questions are about a fictional character but are timely. I think it’s a fun thought experiment, a missed opportunity if you just brush them off.

An excellent question.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.