DC Comics: new Superman, son of Clark Kent and Lois Lane, is bisexual

Oooh, she came out prettier, and looks much more interesting to be with too.

<Please do not ban me, and the sincere smile that I have on my face.>

1 Like

I think that Will Smith movie addressed these problems, what with him shooting holes through the roof of his trailer.

“ Jonathan was introduced in 2015 ”

Precocious kid at 6 years old. I can’t say that I approve of his boyfriend dating a six year old.

5 Likes

see, we still don’t know how they actually fly or move fast and not shred their clothes or even speed read they way they do.

i figure they must be creating little warp-like bubbles around themselves. superman’s more obviously also involves gravity somehow, while the flash’s operates more easily on time… but basically the same for both.

( or i guess it’s a comic, but i do like at least some internal consistency from time to time. )

id really like to read the new superman series ( and actually nk jemisin’s green lantern. ) it’s just hard to know exactly how to started.

it feels a little like trying to start watching game of thrones or something starting with an episode midway in the third season

i think it’s great that superman and robin are out of the closest. i also think it’s kind of telling they made them bi. from a writing standpoint, it means they can later have strictly straight romances if the commercial winds shift.

i hope they keep with it.

2 Likes

Is this one of those “characters from a possible future timeline” deals like Cable from X-Men? (I haven’t followed the comics in many years either.)

3 Likes

DC has been very uneven on their handling of anything other than straight white males, so this will be interesting. Back in the 90’s (?) they had Obsidian, the original Green Lantern’s son, come out and it was clearly just one aspect of his personality. A few years back, they had that same Green Lantern (who had been shown to be happily married for decades) come out and it became literally all they could talk about with him. His magic ring that could do anything was, at best, the third most important of his character.

Then you get Midnighter and Apollo. Their relationship is either portrayed completely realistic or so over the top camp that Paul Lynde would tell them to tone it down.

I think Marvel seems to handle it better. Northstar and his completely normal husband. Hulkling and Wiccan. Probably others, but I can’t recall Marvel ever making a big “omg look who is not straight!!” a major character characteristic the way DC has consistently done the past decade.

2 Likes

DC has been re-booting their universe every few years, so, if not true now, it may be true later…

4 Likes

If it hasn’t yet been mentioned, do check out Man Of Steel, Woman Of Kleenex, a hilarious essay by Larry Niven on how Lois and Clark might actually do the deed.

http://www.rawbw.com/~svw/superman.html

“Just the place for a Snark! I have said it twice:
That alone should encourage the crew.
Just the place for a Snark! I have said it thrice:
What I tell you three times is true.”

4 Likes

Yup.

9 Likes

Superman loves Louis Lane. Period. Hollywood is trying to make Superman gay and he is not. Just rename the new version Thooperman so we can all know the difference and avoid seeing it,” tweeted Rep. Wendy Rogers, an Arizona state Republican who has persistently spread election disinformation.

Louis Lane. This is obviously what they should have done. (I miss the Silver Age.)

8 Likes

this is the best: “I am surprised Republicans don’t hate Superman, he is an illegal immigrant without any papers”

3 Likes

Amazingly, the short-lived 90’s Flash TV show acknowledged the clothes problem; the first time the hero (accidentally) goes into super-speed, his clothes get shredded. The uniform he adapts is specifically described as being made of some special friction-resistant material.

5 Likes

I’m surprised republicans don’t already hate superman just because he shows compassion for humanity.

That’s like, the exact opposite of every republican policy goal.

9 Likes

The flash wears a teflon bodysuit?

2 Likes

Plus Superman went up against white supremacists, effectively humiliating the GOP’s voter base.

8 Likes

They just haven’t been keeping up to date with the crazy left-wing values he’s been expressing lately.

(This dates to 1949)

11 Likes

Gonna need an explanation on that one please.

Jeffrey Jacob Abrams (born June 27, 1966 )?

Dark Shadows is an American gothic soap opera that originally aired weekdays on the ABC television network, from June 27, 1966?

2 Likes

I was unaware of JJ’s birthdate.

But it explains a lot.

1 Like

Among the coaches maybe, but not among the advertisers who provide the real revenue.

2 Likes