DEA instructor called Black recruit a monkey and made “monkey noises” at Black trainees

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/16/dea-instructor-called-black-recruit-a-monkey-and-made-monkey-noises-at-black-trainees.html

7 Likes

This is grounds for beating the shit out of your instructor. As long as you’re smiling while you do it, you aren’t creating a hostile work environment per judge Barret.

All of his fellow students should have walked off the range at that point rather than just stand there silently.

22 Likes

We need to find a line of work where we can keep people who are not socially developed. Rather than giving them huge amounts of authority in law enforcement.

16 Likes

I hear there’s a spot at the White House for people like that.

14 Likes

“But can you truly say that it was hostile workplace?” – Coney-Barrett

9 Likes

Maybe you misunderestimate what kind of people the DEA recruits?

18 Likes

Ordinance Disposal comes to mind.

9 Likes

9 Likes

I, for one, am not surprised to see this coming from the most soulless and corrupt federal law enforcement agency.
(Before TSA, I also considered DEA the most useless)

4 Likes

ICE?

5 Likes

Cosmetics testing.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Well, in the White House he could do Ordinance Disposal

Meaning of ordinance in English

ordinance

noun [ C ]

formalUK /ˈɔː.dɪ.nəns/ US /ˈɔːr.dən.əns/

a law or rule made by a government or authority:

Ordnance Disposal, on the other hand, would hopefully be a short career for him.

(Sorry. Open goal. Pedant Pendant in operation.)

4 Likes

All in all I am still glad the only nazis here are Grammar Nazis. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Yep. We’re not right wing. Just right!

8 Likes

There is no point de-bugging this behavior from the DEA. It’s a feature, not a bug.

Well, it sounds like this kept happening repeatedly on a firing range

I can think of a better solution than beating the guy “oops! Accidental discharge! I swear I wasn’t aiming at the Nazi”.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.