Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

Angry Bob Barker GIF

7 Likes

Good for him I suppose for hanging in there so long, but I’m not gonna mourn the pasing of a sexist abuser of the power that he wielded while host of that very popular show.

6 Likes

Will Ferrell Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

7 Likes

Márcio André Nepomuceno Garcia, AKA MC Marcinho, Brazilian Singer and one of the great stars of Funk Melody, a more melodic and romantic version of Funk Carioca, a rhythm that was born in the favelas. At first it was the soundtrack of the poor youth of Rio de Janeiro, but thanks to an artist like MC Marcinho, the rhythm overcame stigmas and conquered the country.

9 Likes

It’s being reported that Arleen Sorkin, the original voice actor for Harley Quinn, has passed away.

8 Likes

Joe Wurzelbacher, apparently. But only in right-wing publications, which I will not link.

5 Likes

Wikipedia says pancreatic cancer at 49 yo.

3 Likes

Cancer sucks.

2 Likes

Yes it does. Pancreatic especially.

3 Likes

That’s sad, cancer does suck. Hopefully he’ll be able to see the hurt he caused.

2 Likes

On a note of much greater loss to the world:

I’m listening to Stars of the Lid right now. Float on Brian.

6 Likes

Thanks, this is the first I’ve heard of them. Playing now, and I love it.

2 Likes

Described by Guitar World magazine as “one of the finest British players to ever pick up an electric guitar”, Bernie Marsden, who has died aged 72, was best known for his work with Whitesnake, the band formed by the former Deep Purple vocalist David Coverdale in 1978. Coverdale described how “I’d met Bernie casually in Munich when he was with Paice Ashton Lord. He asked what I was doing in town [London], and on being told immediately offered to come and help out … shrewd, was ol’ Bernie.”

7 Likes

Unknown / unsung? But very worthy in the best possible sense.

10 Likes
10 Likes

Mohamed Al-Fayed’s death was announced in the last few minutes. So recently that neither BBC or The Guardian have obits posted yet.

Owned Harrods and Fulham FC for a while, and his son, Dodi, was allegedly having an affair with Diana, Princess of Wales and died in the car with her.

6 Likes
8 Likes

Yeah, they’re usually pretty quick but the news came in during while News At Ten was on, and I must have posted just before the obit dept finished updating the stock material.

2 Likes
11 Likes
10 Likes