Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

The first thing I thought of? Oh no, yet another federal judgeship he’s going to fill with a Federalist judge young enough to stay in position for at least another 40-50 years.

7 Likes

Edited: to include a better link.

13 Likes

I’ll look for the reference, but I recall reading an interview wherein Mr. Douglas (when he and his production staff were discussing whose name – other than Trumbo —should end up being credited as the writer of Spartacus) said that Stanley Kubrick offered his own name. Douglas wasn’t happy about that!

6 Likes

103 is a good run.

15 Likes

Indeed, quite a run through the gauntlet. Rest in peace.

6 Likes

Guess we can have his guns now

2 Likes

That was not Kirk Douglas, that was Charlton Heston…

9 Likes

You’re right, I got them completely mixed up in my head

5 Likes

It’s fine… all those dead white dudes look alike! :wink:

10 Likes
7 Likes
5 Likes
8 Likes

Orson Bean was old when I was young. Definitely did not realize he was still alive until now.

9 Likes

Neither did I. Besides the game shows, every so often he’d pop up unexpectedly with a small part in some movie or TV show. (Watch for him in Anatomy of a Murder, for example.) A remarkable all-around talent.

4 Likes

RIP James West.

9 Likes

He also played for Workington AFC back when they could seriously be considered to be Carlisle United’s local rivals, and was part of the team that nearly got promoted to the Football League’s second tier in 1966 (Carlisle were promoted there the previous year). Sadly it never happened and the two teams would never play against each other in the league again.

6 Likes

I remember well Conrad’s character from WWW (sort a of a western version of Mission Impossible), along with his sidekick… character Artemus Gordon (the “geek”), played by Ross Martin. I got curious after seeing your post on Conrad, so I Wiki’ed Ross Martin: He spoke 6 other languages, had a law degree, and was a concert-trained violinist. He was only 61 when he died.

7 Likes

There are some threads:

3 Likes

I could have sworn that both he and Herman Wouk were immortal beings.

5 Likes