Dead Celebrity (Part 2)

sid and marty krofft eye roll GIF

7 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

Terry Venables co-wrote one of the top 200 books in the BBC’s Big Read 20 years ago

https://www.bbc.co.uk/arts/bigread/top200_2.shtml

1. The Witches, Roald Dahl
  2. Charlotte’s Web, E. B. White
  3. Frankenstein, Mary Shelley
  4. They Used To Play On Grass, Terry Venables and Gordon Williams
  5. The Old Man And The Sea, Ernest Hemingway
  6. The Name Of The Rose, Umberto Eco

It looks like it is a genuine place too, not an ironic meme vote. The BBC curated the list to avoid that possibility.

He also co-wrote the Hazell books, which was adapted for television

4 Likes

Dare you not to dance to this

4 Likes

OMG - I had completely forgotten Hazell! It wasn’t brilliant, but it wasn’t bad. Typical ITV 9pm fodder for that period.

1 Like

:sob:

10 Likes

I imagine people won’t even care enough to piss on Melania’s grave.

7 Likes

Just walk on by…

Staring Melania Trump GIF by GIPHY News

6 Likes

Yeah, all she did with her time in the white house was promote her husband’s shitty policies and find ways to grift off of it… She’ll certainly go down as one of the least consequential first ladies in our history.

@milliefink - chef’s kiss! Also…

4 Likes

But - she brought style to the White House again!

4 Likes

If anyone is interested, they’re live streaming Rosalynn Carter’s memorial service on the Emory campus…

They’re behind, waiting for the high profile folks to take a seat…

I’ve never been inside that church, but have driven past it often…

7 Likes

I’ve been watching the service, surprise, suprise, Melania is there sitting next to Michelle Obama.

And, am I the only nervous about Biden and Harris being in a very public well publicized event while Johnson is back in Washington.

I mean I trust the Secret Service to protect everyone but now is not the time to chance it.

But it is a beautiful service.

4 Likes

RIP Charlie Munger.

"FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 28, 2023
Omaha, NE (BRK.A; BRK.B) –

Berkshire Hathaway a few minutes ago was advised by members of Charlie Munger’s family that he peacefully died this morning at a California hospital.
Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway, wishes to say: “Berkshire Hathaway could not have been built to its present status without Charlie’s inspiration, wisdom and participation.”
The family will handle all affairs pursuant to Charlie’s instructions."

3 Likes

Trying to figure out just why or how I should care that a man who fetishized and hoarded money is dead.

:thinking:

3 Likes

I mean you don’t have to care of course… if you need an excuse I guess you could always celebrate?

Death takes all.

3 Likes

Who Deathed better…

terry pratchett death GIF

or…

sandman-death-need-them

7 Likes

Heh, indeed.

(And just to be clear, I wasn’t complaining that you’d posted the news.)

5 Likes

Honorable mention:

2 Likes

She was everybody’s mom, and grandma for years.

6 Likes