Dead Celebrity (Part 2)

https://archive.md/wip/VmGno

6 Likes
5 Likes

Myles Goodwyn, one of my favorite bands, April Wine.

2 Likes

Tony Allen, anarchist comedian who performed with Alexei Sayle.

5 Likes
7 Likes

More on Kissinger’s impact

2 Likes

Classic rockers are not having a good week.

8 Likes

Thelma was probably one of the UK’s most perfect sit-com archetypes and Brigit one our best character actors.

6 Likes
6 Likes

For us Stern Show Fans this was sad news this morning.

Ralph has been part of show for decades, he’s also the one that introduced Howard and Beth.

John Stamos was also a good friend. By all accounts Ralph was a stand up guy.

johnstamos At the painfully young age of 58, my dear friend, Ralph Cirella, was suddenly taken from us, leaving us all in a state of profound shock. He was, without a doubt, a one-of-a-kind soul.

Ralph wasn’t just a friend; he was family. My mother adored him, and I’ll always cherish the memory of her affectionately mistaking his “berry” for a piece of red jello on his upper lip, playfully attempting to wipe it away.

When met in the old days where he worked his magic as a makeup artist for Howard Stern’s Channel 9 show. I can vividly recall how he transformed Howard into a perfect replica of Larry King, showcasing his exceptional talent and creativity. From the day forward, we were life long friends, I just wished he lived longer.

Ralph possessed an abundance of untapped potential, but he grappled with finding the motivation to fully realize it-a painful reality that we all witnessed. It serves as a poignant reminder of life’s unpredictability and the importance of not only pursuing our dreams but also seeing them through to the end.

My heart aches at the thought of Ralph departing this world alone, without ever experiencing the deep love he undeniably deserved. In our final exchange, I shared a story about someone who called me lucky. When I asked why, their response was simple and profound: “Because you’re friends with Ralph from the Howard Stern show.” And they were absolutely right.

My dear friend, I will miss you so much. I love you, Ralphie boy. Rest in peace.

HEY NOW XO

2 Likes

Pedro Hietanen (keyboard player in that video) died today.

4 Likes

Like Sidney Lumet, Stanley Kramer, and Rod Serling, Lear took on serious social issues in his work at a time when “Hollywood” generally considered such issues to be “the third rail”. :sob:

4 Likes
2 Likes

Can @Death leave behind some good people? There seem to be fewer every day, and the occasional Kissinger joining them doesn’t make up for it.

6 Likes

Oh No!

2 Likes

On a day that proves he was never needed more in Britain.

We can all be refugees
Nobody is safe,
All it takes is a mad leader
Or no rain to bring forth food,
We can all be refugees
We can all be told to go,
We can be hated by someone
For being someone

4 Likes

I love that poem.

Two more below it here.

4 Likes

Damn!

2 Likes

I remember when this aired on TV, while I was in 6th grade. I could appreciate it at the time, but didn’t yet know who Norman Lear was; a long time after that I figured out he’d produced this:

1 Like

Calling all oldsters!

You might remember that the TV show “Life Goes On” was groundbreaking 30 years ago, not least because one family member (Corky) had Down’s Syndrome, and what was going to be a one-episode date turned into several years as a regular on the show for the character’s girlfriend/wife (Amanda), who also had Down’s Syndrome.

Well, sadly she’s just died from Alzheimer’s, which is a known issue for people with her medical condition.

I hadn’t thought about the show in – literally – decades, but that story line was so powerful and important at the time.

2 Likes