Today Is My Birthday, and I Only Have One Wish

All around me, everywhere I look, there is depressing and disheartening news.

From the most recent police killings of unarmed Black people, to the three ring shit show that is the 2016 election campaign, there so much soul-sucking fuckery, that I can’t even.

I’m 41 today, and I’m happy to be alive, even amid all the seemingly endless turmoil.

And so I only have one wish today; to balance some of that negativity out.

Tell Me Something Good, PLEASE.

18 Likes

I can’t think of anything, cos the world’s boiling my piss today and all, but happy birthday anyway. X

7 Likes

Thanks.

2 Likes

Happy birthday!

I baked you a cake but the goat was faster.

On the good news side: What about the new ‘no means no’ sexual harassment law? According to many lawyers it is surprisingly balanced and consistent and gives the (typically female) victims a better legal protection.

11 Likes

Happy Birthday!! Does this work?

7 Likes

I wish you where here. I would pour you or brew something to your liking. Maybe a hug, but I only would know in real live if that is a possibility. But sitting together, talking, fussing, or just being quiet.

10 Likes

Too cute.

6 Likes

I don’t know if this qualifies, but seeing it did give me a little hope that there are still non-judgemental people in the world:

22 Likes

Grazie!

That’s very sweet; thanks.

6 Likes

Happy birthday! For news that isn’t specifically selecting horrible things, there is always science, and for your day there is an announcement of a planet in a triple star system. If the prospect of so many overlapping rainbows isn’t something good, well, I guess other people will find something.

11 Likes

Irony is good.

^_^[quote=“chenille, post:10, topic:81105”]
Happy birthday! For news that isn’t specifically selecting horrible things, there is always science, and for your day there is an announcement of a planet in a triple star system.
[/quote]

That’s a beautiful idea; wish I could see it.

Thanks!

3 Likes

41 is a Prime Number, which I suppose doesn’t make any real difference when it comes to age. But, it’s a fun tidbit without a negative underbelly. This year, you are indivisible by anything except yourself and one.

Also, baby kittens remain ridiculous in their cuteness.

And, third, I hope you find this funny.

Happy Birthday!

15 Likes

So this is an oldie, but a goodie. What I’ve learned over the years is that often time when you’re feeling a little low, or need a moral pick me up, seeing other people happy is a good thing.

Happy Birthday!

:birthday:

6 Likes

Kitties are good; I shall hug mine once I get home from work.

Thanks.

Thank you!

5 Likes

Here you go…might be clickbait, but it’s all good things!

3 Likes

Grazie!

3 Likes

The good news is this:

Things are more awesome now than ever.

War, famine, violent crime are more or less at historic lows, even accounting for developing countries.

We understand more now about the world than ever before, and there is no sign of this progress slowing. We may live to see the discovery of life off of Earth, or even outside the solar system!

14 Likes

Optimism is good.

1 Like

OK. Your contributions here make other people’s world a nicer place to be in. Like, legit.
So Thank you and Hippo Bath-day. :smiley:

And as strange or surreal often work for me in place of good, so here’s a story about a village in Oxford that has inexplicably found itself a tourist attraction, leaving locals happy, but baffled,

11 Likes

*lolz!

Thank you, sincerely.

5 Likes