Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

12 Likes
10 Likes

the scammer who was punished not because of what he did, but because of who he did it to.

The robber barons are allowed to “legally” steal from the rest of us, as long as they don’t steal from each other. Madoff broke that rule. And so he paid the price.

15 Likes

“Gibberish … gibberish, great gig if you can get it!” - probably Felix

12 Likes

judging bbc two GIF by BBC

18 Likes

Fucking cancer again. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

13 Likes

Sad Face GIF

8 Likes

the addams family vintage horror GIF by absurdnoise

8 Likes
10 Likes
12 Likes
12 Likes

even more underrated than jimmy carter, the true liberal of the carter/reagan years walter mondale has died–

16 Likes

Richard Rush

With the raucous, knockabout Freebie and the Bean (1974), starring Alan Arkin and James Caan as bickering cops, Rush invented the buddy action-comedy as we know it today.

That was not what he was most known for among his peers.

6 Likes

Great, more pain for Minnesota to bear this week. :disappointed:

Still 93 is a win in my book, and for the record, in our fake jr. high presidential vote in 1984, I voted for him.

8 Likes

i was a jackson delegate to the 1984 state democratic convention and was selected as an alternate delegate from texas to the national convention in san francisco but i couldn’t raise enough cash to go. after mondale was selected i worked my ass off getting other students at my university registered and getting them to apply for absentee ballots if they were too far from their “home districts” to go vote. there were no early voting days and the rules of residency forbade college students living in dorms from being registered in the county where they went to school.

13 Likes

From December:

7 Likes

Oh no… sad news.

6 Likes

Oh, dog.

Saw The Stuntman during its first run (older brother tipped me off). Peter O’Toole (channeling David Lean), Barbara Hersey and Steve Railsback are fantastic.

Also, VERY sad about Walter Mondale.

7 Likes

Most famous for this. Obvs.

ETA
I just found his other big hit online:

12 Likes

The last year has been terrible for jazz legends. I know a Strata East playlist was put up here a few years ago. I love his work with Max Roach but I’ve listened to most of the Strata discography.

Great geezer.
ETA
Here’s the @pesco article on Strata-East with links to the Soul Jazz comp, Gilles Peterson’s mix and what I am sure is a wonderful primer that I don’t think I read at the time but really must get around to because Stanley Cowell’s label was both unique and wonderful.

7 Likes