Debate: Trump admits paying no taxes, denies sexually assaulting women, says Hillary is the devil

Also “Why are you letting her talk let me talk I need to talk now let me respond to that I’m important shut up I’m talking now why is she still talking you never tell her to stop talking you only pick on me I want to talk now.”

Jesus Christ, he whined more than a 4 year old being told they couldn’t have an ice cream cone, and in the end he STILL talked for more than a minute longer than Hillary did:

7 Likes

Same here!

I wish that said “Rich White Boy Problems”

21 Likes

If Hannibal Lecter were running, he’d get at least 35% of the vote.

“Hannibal Lecter only killed six people, nothing compared to the thousands Killary is responsible for!”

“Dr. Lecter is a very educated man, much smarter than Clinton!”

“Lecter hasn’t committed any crimes in a decade, what about Clinton?”

“At least Lecter owns up to his flaws!”

“So what if he’s a cannibal, he’s going to Make America Great Again!”

“Sure he’s a predator, but look at Bill Clinton, now that’s a predator!”

“Clinton once said she hated fava beans and Chianti!”

19 Likes

Loved it when I was 16, suspect I would not be able to get past the first ten pages today. See also: On the Road.

3 Likes

Fuckin’ A.

Back when I read it in high school, I didn’t want to think it was because of my color that I couldn’t relate: I preferred to think it was because I’m not that much of an insufferable asshole.

18 Likes

Two bad mics in two debates. How unfortunate.

8 Likes

[insert “why not both” gif here]

:wink:

7 Likes

That works too.

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

I could relate at the time because I was a teenage boy trying to find my place in the world. I couldn’t relate to his background, but I could still relate to having a totally rudderless existence. As a grown-ass man, I no longer relate to this book.

If we all said exactly what was on our minds at all times, we’d be insufferable assholes too. I’m an insufferable asshole, and this is me trying to keep myself in check.

Better Book Titles for the win. The same people who brought us An Autistic’s Guide To New Orleans and Fairies Love A Good Donkey Show.

8 Likes

Most people have felt ‘adrift’ at some point in life; wondering what their place in the world is.

“Why are we here?” is the fundamental question in existentialism, and asking that question is natural.

But that doesn’t make it ‘okay’ to be a complete cuntle-twunt; which Caulfield most certainly was, IMO.

I have asshole tendencies; we all do.

Overcoming them and not letting them control us is what makes us better people.

7 Likes

Elizabeth Grace Hale wrote an entire chapter on just that fact in her Nation of Outsiders book.

6 Likes

“You couldn’t have it if you did want it,” the Queen said. “The rule is, jam to-morrow and jam yesterday – but never jam to-day.” “It must come sometimes to ‘jam to-day’,” Alice objected. “No, it can’t,” said the Queen. (Charles Dodgson/Lewis Carroll.)

7 Likes

Campaign’s going well.

12 Likes

Missed it in HS, and had exactly that experience a few years ago, hated the character so much I couldn’t get far at all. What a nasty little prick.

5 Likes

Well, we still have October 19th.

Does anyone else remember “The Coming of the Purple Better One?”

3 Likes

A robot acting like a human? How can I tell if I am watching Westworld or the debate?

3 Likes

I didn’t notice it the last time. Last night it seemed like he was doing it on purpose. It was like a steam engine pulled into the station, where an agitated musk ox was waiting, and then they started fucking.

4 Likes

My English teacher father gave me a copy of it when I was 13, and I read it cover to cover, thinking I was reading the best book ever written – this spoke to me, exactly the way I felt about society! About all those stupid phony people around me! I completely identified with Holden and thought he was going through the same emotions (cough, puberty) that I was.

A few years later I had to reread it for a high school lit class, and thought Holden was a narcissistic, whiny dick and wasn’t sure what I saw in the book in the first place.

17 Likes

In public, you’re right, but in one’s private thoughts, he can think whatever he wants to think.

Also Holden Caulfield was a teenager. He’s feeling angsty about stuff that literally everybody feels and acting like he’s the only person to ever feel this way. He’s not a horrible person, just immature. We’ve all been there, we just grow out of it eventually.

7 Likes

I’m rereading a lot of the stuff I read in high school, to see if it still sticks with me the way it used to. Some does, some doesn’t. I don’t know how The Catcher In The Rye would fare, but probably not very well.

2 Likes