Trump and Epstein discuss women

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/17/trump-and-epstein-discuss-wome.html

4 Likes

You can literally see Trump touch the asses of two different women, one instance of which is a weird little forcible pulling/spank combo at ~3:20. Ugh.

17 Likes

America knew this about Trump long before the election. He won the Evangelical vote anyway. So gross.

48 Likes

Since 1992 both men have independently been accused, multiple times, with criminal behavior towards women, many of them minors.

I take issue with that framing. Epstein* sexually exploited & trafficked children, not just “women, many of them minors.” It may seem like a pedantry, but I really don’t think it is. There’s significant rhetorical difference between saying someone sexually trafficked children, and someone sexually trafficked women, some of whom were minors.

*and Trump, I know, but this phrasing shows up a lot more with Epstein

17 Likes

The Evangelical vote would have gone to Satan if he ran as a Republican.

1992 was “a different time.” Not a great time. But a time when a “millionaire” could grab asses with impunity. That privilege helped shape him into the old man he is now, and it’s no wonder he’s bewildered that times are changing.

I wish there was some way of knowing what Trump said into Epstein’s ear that was so incredibly funny. I can’t imagine it’s much worse than anything he’s said since, but it might give great insight into their specific connection.

24 Likes

But Trump had them before the primaries were even over. Not even a veneer of ideological consistency in that group.

20 Likes

The consistency is abortion. Always abortion…with a blind eye turned to everything else. (Including actual children in US concentation camps.)

30 Likes

I’d bet a toe he did it to impress the NBC cameras and Epstein, and then after a few minutes just walked around like a little kid yelling ‘Hey Jeff! I heard you like baseball cards! I like baseball cards too! Look at all my baseball cards!’. Despite NBC being generous with the shot framing, it’s basically an empty room besides the 20 cheerleaders hired to dance and party it up. Everyone else looks bored.

13 Likes

Not even that. If so they would have gravitated toward a Republican candidate who had a history of opposing abortion during the primaries instead of a candidate who only adopted an anti-abortion stance after he decided to run for President.

16 Likes

It’s been remarked in his biographies that Trump doesn’t have a lot in the way of friends, male or female. Interesting that Epstein is one of them.

9 Likes

And gay rights, or more specifically how there shouldn’t be any. No marriage equality either. Or women’s rights.

I honestly think it really boils down to control. Specifically them controlling everyone else.

15 Likes

Boy, what a dilemma! The devil, or that shrill nasty woman who works for the devil ~ what to do, what to do?

Oh, the devil is Republican, but the shrill, nasty woman who works for the devil is a Democrat? Dilemma solved!

8 Likes

Yeah, they may die in a concentration camp, but at least they were born in the first place.

3 Likes

Doesn’t explain why Evangelicals liked him over Romney, McCain, and the other Republican candidates. Trump was pro-abortion for most of his life.

I kind of hate that stories like these make the news because I think it ultimately helps Trump. Anything that upsets the liberals makes his base very happy.

6 Likes

All of Trump’s relationships—even family relationships—are transactional.

If he appears to be buddying up to Epstein the question to ask is “what exactly is this guy providing for Trump?”

25 Likes

How completely unsurprising. I bet he has a lot of enemies, though.

Also, watching the video, I just discovered USainians call him Epsteen. Not Epstine (as in Brian Epstein for those old enough). I guess it’s Harvey Weenstine all over again.

3 Likes

The various steens or stines choose.
https://www.nytimes.com/1983/12/25/magazine/on-language-stine-or-steen.html

3 Likes

I have a hunch. Might also answer where a lot of Epstein’s money came from.

3 Likes

I’d like to think it was something like:

“Hey, Jeff. I’ll bet you my last million dollars that 27 years from now you’ll be in prison, and I’ll be a jack-hole POTUS”.

5 Likes

And where a lot of Fred Trump’s money ultimately went? :thinking:

3 Likes