Dedicated modder adds realistic physics to Minecraft

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/16/dedicated-modder-adds-realistic-physics-to-minecraft.html

1 Like

For me the way the game works it’s fine as is, but I do get annoyed that cutting a tree from the bottom doesn’t knock it all down

2 Likes

And I suspect this doesn’t include that functionality, because it’s a separate issue entirely that’s even more difficult to make work without heavily altering Minecraft.

1 Like

This sounds like building with LEGO blocks that won’t lock together. No thanks!

1 Like

That’s why I enjoy mods that add that functionality in. The trees don’t tip, but all the blocks do break, making chopping trees down way less time consuming.

1 Like

Minecraft is such a lovely game. So much creativity and fun.

2 Likes

There are mods and plugins for that, it bugs me too since players tend to leave hovertrees everywhere otherwise.

(mc.novylen.net /plug)

I tend to dislike playing with mods because fiddling with them is more trouble than it’s worth for me. No judgement towards those that do obviously. But yeah, floating trees or blocks of leaves always irritated me.

Yeah, I like a pretty minimal modset. Pet peeves notwithstanding. Land protection and anti-griefing and the like. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.