Deep state used "weather manipulation technology" on Ian to hurt DeSantis, says ex-InfoWars host (video)

Came here to say the same.

These investigative Q-geniuses are probably referring to cloud seeding.

2 Likes

Always targets Red states…. Since hurricanes have never before been historically associated with Deep South gulf coast states, amirite?

4 Likes

Weather control machines?! Rigged elections?! Satanic pedos!? A world-wide plot of mind control, deception, and deceit?! There can be only one person that can run the deep state with that much diabolical cunning and malice….

I mean, it makes total sense, doesn’t it? You even have Kang messing with our timelines. I know in my gut it can’t be anything but that!

7 Likes

I am disappointed that there wasn’t a single Cobra Weather Dominator reference.

8 Likes

The dumb. It’s just too painful. You know, it’s not just that the Q-jobs spout this nonsense, but there are hundreds and hundreds of thousands of our fellow citizens who eat this crap up. Yes, people are that dumb.

2 Likes

Not to be confused with A Couple of Cuckoos, which is a perfectly sane (if funny) anime.

1 Like

You have to admit that the big hurricanes never hit Gulf Coast blue States.

2 Likes

Ooh! Ooh! I did! I did!

(I know, my posts sometimes run on and on and on…) :wink:

6 Likes

I stand happily corrected.

4 Likes

Cloud seeding dates back at least to the late '40s and early '50s at New Mexico Tech (then School of Mines). The program got dropped by the researchers when they noted a correlation between their seeding and catastrophic flooding in the Mississippi valley.

Source: College on the Rio Grande

2 Likes

If I was an evil mad scientist with such a powerful weather control device & wanted to get rid of an enemy- pretty sure I’d have sent some tornadoes to the Governor’s mansion or just played Thor with the lightning.

9 Likes

The technology has been there for decades! There was a documentary and everything!

8 Likes

Wasn’t that the plot of Superman 3?

3 Likes

I remember the first time I heard HAARP conspiracy thoeries. I thought they were just an elaborate joke, but someone told me that they were being serious.

9 Likes

If anyone is interested, this is a pretty good rundown on what HAARP is/can do (and what it isn’t/can’t do):

3 Likes

With the great line by Robert Vaughn

“…coffee being Colombia’s 2nd largest export”

2 Likes

The fun thing about this is that even if the feds somehow had the ability to steer hurricanes towards Florida, the whole thing would still be a damning indictment of DeSantis’s governance. The idea of a hurricane hitting Florida is something that is hardly a shocking revelation.

2 Likes

It is possible for pee-brain kooks to end their bizarre beliefs. Unfortunately, it would involve an attempt to launch oneself via homemade rocket to an altitude high enough to prove that the Earth is flat.

4 Likes

There’s actually no good evidence that cloud seeding works. You can’t do a clean A/B test of it, so we’re relying on really bad data for it, but directionally, the evidence has all the signs of a non-effect. The data is noisy, and the closer you look. The smaller the effect gets. That’s the sign of there being nothing there.

We all know about correlations and what they don’t mean. Did the flooding stop when they stopped seeding? No, it didn’t.

Cloud seeding is a seductive idea to people and there’s a kernel of plausibility to it because the mechanism works in lab conditions. However there’s really no evidence that it works at scale or that any rain that happens wasn’t going to happen anyway. All the “evidence” for it is a couple of weak temporal correlations to people trying it here and there, and when it doesn’t do anything, people don’t report on that. Most of the of the positive reports of it come from quacks and scam artists in the 1930s, to boot.

People should let it go. There’s nothing here.

2 Likes

Yes, they did. The “seeding” was intermittent, which produced weak tests of causality. Actual atmospheric scientists, cancelling a promising research program (admittedly small-N) out of safety concerns. Proving causality would have required a much bigger program and they weren’t willing to risk it.

Sources in detail as cited.