"Deep State Weather Engineering" conspiracy theories run rampant in wake of Maui fires

Originally published at: "Deep State Weather Engineering" conspiracy theories run rampant in wake of Maui fires | Boing Boing

3 Likes

It’s like the deep state can’t do anything correctly anymore.

23 Likes

I used to wonder about the kind of people who would make up things that they know to be bullshit and spread them online. But now that there seems to be an increasingly clear line between making up horseshit and profiting from it, I wonder less.

Never attribute to pathology that which can be adequately explained by greed.

30 Likes

I’ll be doing that after I have my coffee.

elmo

21 Likes

Did anyone ask if the vortexes want to be reconsecrated?

Consent matters for vortexes too.

30 Likes

…but online conspiracy theorists have plenty of thoughts nonsensical and probably racist notions about how…

12 Likes

So annoying. There is an evil cabal setting fires in Canada and California and Hawaii and the Amazon, it’s the petrochemicals people and the people who destroy forests for profit. They don’t need lasers, and buying baubles from an idiot isn’t going to help anything.

27 Likes

Proof? There isn’t even any evidence any of it is true!

11 Likes

Sophia dragons?

14 Likes

Honestly, the line between people who believe their own horseshit and the people who are knowingly fabricating it for profit is very blurry.

If you listen to a few years’ worth of Oh No Ross And Carrie, you’ll see the gamut of options there. These spiritualists, life coaches, conspiracy nuts, etc are all over the place and motivations are difficult to pin down in most cases. At the end of the day though, none of it matters. Actions matter, intent does not, and these people all need to be stopped. They all do immense damage to the cause of critical thinking, regardless of why they are doing it. Most are selling junk, of course, but even if they are doing it because they genuinely think they are helping the world, the damage is the same.

A lot of people who are new to being exposed to people like this will fixate a lot on the “why”. It’s hard for reasonable people to imagine anyone would go around saying stuff like this and writing books about it. Fixating on “why” is a waste of time though. You can’t know, and it doesn’t help to know anyway. The actions have to be stopped, or we have to inoculate people against them. Both are hard, but both have to be done.

These people have body counts. They are causing the spread of things like climate change denial and anti-vax sentiment which will result in millions of deaths over the next few decades. Lack of critical thinking will kill more people than anything in the coming years, now that all our problems (climate change, pandemics, etc) require collective action from rational people to solve. Irrationality kills.

26 Likes

We need a Deeper state.

7 Likes

Wild how quickly some people can pivot from “generations of human activity can’t change the climate, don’t be silly!” to “yeah that hurricane/drought/wildfire/earthquake was a targeted strike from a weather satellite.”

25 Likes

a sinister ploy to develop a 15-minute city

Don’t threaten me with a good time! Especially not when you’re using Jewish space lasers to make it happen.

Now she’s building a temple in Sedona to “reconsecrate the vortexes.”

The dumb version of this, no doubt:

10 Likes

Thats Good Robert Deniro GIF

6 Likes

Her poor family. They should sue her for slander and libel.

Kaia Ra Means “bag of dicks” in the original Lemurian.

11 Likes

Two things:

1. We are engineering the weather, although haphazardly and as a result of unintended consequences. Add a heaping dose of power industry negligence and, voila, you get a firestorm, no space lasers required.

2. Regarding Ka Rah Rah, this is just more showman patter. "I’ll show you the truth, just buy my overpriced knickknacks first. " It confounds me that people are continually taken in by these types.

12 Likes

Wait until they hear about the tropical storm/earthquake combo that hit us yesterday. Proof of earthquake lasers I tell you. Or Reptilians. Or something, but proof!

6 Likes

The only Deep State weather anything is a concerted effort to ignore climate change, and I wouldn’t call it engineering. Quite the opposite.

6 Likes

Truth Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

5 Likes

I strongly recommend that you watch this documentary about climate control weapons capable of subjugating nations. People watched it and it transformed their minds!

8 Likes