Defense lawyer in trial of Ahmaud Arbery's killers objects to courtroom visitors: "We don't want any more Black pastors coming in here"

winona-thats-good-point

13 Likes

My momma always said - racist is as racist does. Sure everyone isn’t necessarily racist all the time. But was he this time? For this extremely important issue.

Yes.

10 Likes

Also, he thinks people shouldn’t be allowed in who are there for “political” reasons. Because murder and racism are political.

3 Likes

Yeah, but what’s he done recently?

1 Like

He just lost the case.
He kept saying, “these people”!
He might as well called them “colored” or worse.

1 Like

Is it possible, and I don’t know how this area of law works, that he knew he would lose the case, and by saying something so offensive and harmful for his client that it will be declared a mistrial and get to start over with a new trial?

1 Like

maybe for the prosecution. for the defense, if so, id imagine attorneys would do that and only that to get their clients off the hook

after a trial, defendants can appeal based on ineffective counsel - i am definitely not a lawyer, but im guessing that and firing their attorney would be their main options

in this case, they’re probably just nodding their heads in racist agreement

5 Likes

The logic there is weird.

But sir, for like 99% of my life I wasn’t an arsonist! So even if I set a few houses on fire a couple of times, can you really still call me an arsonist? Besides I also helped put some fires out too!

15 Likes

Everyone isn’t their worst act. And people can redeem themselves.

But that shit was racist as fuck.

15 Likes

“And my client is an orphan.”

10 Likes

So he admits that he wasted the court’s time by creating the conditions for a mistrial? Does he want to continue practicing law or has he already got a gig lined up on Fox News?

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.