Lawyer for gun-toting St. Louis couple describes his clients as "melanin-deficient human beings"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/30/lawyer-for-gun-toting-st-loui.html

13 Likes

How does the inclusion of the detail about the woman’s suicide help this man’s self-promotion? I can’t stomach any of the reasons I can think of for why it would be included. This is his own site.

26 Likes

i take exception to calling their home a McMansion. whatever we can say about them or their actions, their home is an actual, locally historic mansion. it’s not a cookie-cutter overbuilt nightmare. anyway.

32 Likes

Nice to see the members of the Melanin-Deficient Arsehole Lawyers’ League of Missouri throwing work each-other’s way. Business networking pays off again.

23 Likes

I don’t know either, but I’m gonna go with “because they’re stupid assholes”.

11 Likes

This list of “accomplishments” strikes me as the lawyer version of driving an oversized truck that has balls hanging from the rear bumper while coal rolling people.

27 Likes

Well, that lawyer aint gonna be able to erase those pictures from the interwebs . . . .

(And I wonder about the timeline of the gate being damaged. I’ll bet anything the gate got torn down AFTER they began pointing their guns at folks, a la “Oh you’re going to threaten us? Well screw you and your elitist gate!”)

He means empathy-deficient human beings (aka sociopaths)

4 Likes

two individuals …destroy[ed] a … gate, and then proceeded to charge at and toward and speak threateningly to Mr. and Mrs. McCloskey.

At which point, they went inside and got their guns?

4 Likes

If you follow the videos the protesters uploaded, it had to have been at least several minutes after the front line protesters entered the unlocked pedestrian gate, because there is several minutes worth of video showing them entering and walking through without the kind of noise that would accompany “ripping and twisting the wrought iron (gate) that was connected to a rock foundation.”

20 Likes

That’s not the only thing they are deficient in, but you do you, lawyer-boy…

9 Likes

Watching your terrific little ditty, I realized the karen has no firearms discipline - her finger was on the trigger the whole time. She could have easily accidentally shot someone as she waved her precious weapon around. I think the way she handled and pointed the gun qualifies as ‘brandishing’. At least her husband laid his finger on the trigger guard despite his lousy weapon control in every other regard.

5 Likes

This sort of behavior just makes things more difficult for the good personal injury lawyers.

2 Likes

To me the scenes of this banal aggrieved couple waving guns around so haphazardly is emblematic of everything gone so hideously wrong with America. From the ostentatious “McMansion” that has no public sidewalk to the little pudge of a man pointing an AR-15 (of course) directly at his wife (Freudian slip?)…you just couldn’t script this. I’ve only met these kinds of people on vacation, but enough to know they are not uncommon. Their very existence at the top of the food chain belies the fraud that is 21st century American ‘meritocracy’. The apotheosis of white entitlement and privilege.

17 Likes

They’re definitely deficient…

2 Likes

“Empathy-deficient racist arsehole tries to distract from criminal and dangerous behaviour of racist arseholes”.

FTFY.

5 Likes

That guy needs a good editor. He could simplify that to “my clients are deficient human beings”.

7 Likes

Melanin deficiency also seems to have a high rate of comorbidity with affluenza.

12 Likes
4 Likes

The problem isn’t their lack of melanin, it’s their lack of brains.

4 Likes