Defund the police?

But, we should be worried about a “lawless society” if we defund the police, I thought. :roll_eyes:
As if we aren’t there already.
Only the ones bringing the lawlessness are so often the ones entrusted with enforcing the laws. And equipped with weapons from the community chest.

4 Likes

Lawlessness is not equally distributed. The wealthy and their minions are pretty much free to do what they want to others, as long as they don’t do it to someone more wealthy.

I’m reminded of the case in Colorado of the hedge fund manager who was driving drunk and killed a cyclist, who was a local district attorney. No charges were filed.

5 Likes

Hidden or missing records should lead to penalties - financial and legal ones:

6 Likes

seen via twitter:

Jones found that Hunzeker had leaked this information in retaliation for Hardesty speaking negatively about PPB officers.

7 Likes

The enraging details of this case are more examples of how the entire system has been broken for a long time:

11 Likes

I’m posting this here because it shows why the entire “justice” system needs reform, not just LEOs:

10 Likes
11 Likes

their meme:

9 Likes

smh GIF

10 Likes

On a more pleasant note than police praying for violence, Wendell Pierce and I went to the same high school
(not at the same time)

6 Likes

PPB is being given the mandate to clean up their act or BE cleaned up, and they keep showing their ass.

8 Likes

Follow-up: feds send nastygram. Multiple people will be fired/held in contempt for this. And they should.

10 Likes

cops killing cops because they mistook the off duty officer as the suspect. and of course because shooting at suspects is just a normal everyday thing in the usa

6 Likes

The incompetence and arrogance on display here are terrible. So are the details of a death that the sheriff called a “weird accident.” Now he is offering money for leads after dragging out the investigation and failing to take action when it was reported:

7 Likes

Eliminating no-knock warrants has long been a target for defund and reform efforts. This case in Minneapolis shows we’ve got a long way to go:

ETA federal focus on this:

8 Likes

This was a crime committed by a white person against a white person in an all-white area of the city. Even when they’re not being racist in a particular moment, the police still cannot be trusted to do their job, so why give them so much funding?

10 Likes

Limits didn’t work well…shock and surprise:

9 Likes
7 Likes

If departments will wind up getting more funds for training, I suggest they start with firearm safety…

11 Likes

Maybe the funds should be assigned based upon the lowest number of civilians being shot?

6 Likes