"DEI did this" Florida MAGA rep blames DEI for bridge collapse. Check out The Wire creator's response

But it doesn’t matter how well it did! Having a non-(white-male) lead is a woke message, and we can’t have that!

10 Likes

This is sad that he has to address this nonsense.

Asked on CBS News’s “Face the Nation” about the labels, Scott said, “Listen, I am a young Black man and young Black mayor in this country. We know that there [is] a lot of racism, folks who don’t think I should be in this job.”

“I know that, I’ve been Black my whole life. I know how racism goes in this country. But my focus is always going to be on those people. I didn’t want to be out there that night answering questions about DEI. I’m worried about the loss of life,” he continued.

Scott, 39, said he aims to prove these people wrong by doing his job “in the best way” he can and “ignoring the noise” of such criticism.

“And ignoring the noise of folks who simply want to be devices and are afraid that their way of life, where people that don’t look like them and think like them can be in control, can be in power and actually be better at the job,” he said.

Last week, Scott argued these critics “don’t have the courage to say the N-word,” and said their remark “should not be even in conversation.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/4566181-baltimore-mayor-says-hes-ignoring-the-noise-of-dei-blame-for-bridge-collapse/

12 Likes

They might not have even been able to drop anchors, just stand around the emergency radio. “That’s us, how you doing?”

6 Likes

“Activist” stockholders are the new cancel culture. Or maybe they’re the old cancel culture? That’s the trouble with time travel, you can never remember.

7 Likes

They did drop anchor, it just wasn’t enough to stop them in time. Possibly would have been even worse if they hadn’t taken emergency measures to slow the ship down.

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.