'Delay the Election,' tweets President Donald Trump

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/30/delay-the-election-tweets.html

10 Likes

Most inaccurate and fraudulent election in history

Sounds more like intent rather than prediction to me.

58 Likes

Not surprising in the least. Predictable, in fact. Still…
tumblr_p36dps7izR1w97wono2_500

30 Likes

Fascists gonna fascist.

And the resistance is gonna resist.

71 Likes

" Mr Trump has in the past said there was a risk of “thousands and thousands of people sitting in somebody’s living room, signing ballots all over the place”.

However, there is no evidence of widespread fraud, according to numerous nationwide and state-level studies over the years." -BBCNews

Fuck his paranoid delusional worm eaten nutshell for a brain.

A master distraction play for today’s news reporting the worst GDP drop in history.

46 Likes

I want to see some goddamn guillotines.

36 Likes

From my reading of the Constitution, the elections are run by the states and then the electors choose the President. I would think tha any changes to the Constitution would have to be via a Constitutional Amendment, which would need 2/3 of Congress to approve and 3/4 of the states to pass. I don’t think all this will happen before November.

But bless his tiny heart for thinking that he can rule by Twitter fiat.

32 Likes

You couldn’t drag me into a restaurant for a year of free meals right now, but I will happily risk my health to vote Trump’s ass out of office.

67 Likes

I’ll settle for an orderly transition of power back to a president who has some respect for the Constitution. That’s not what we’re going to get, though, so you might get your wish.

But that “???” at the end – he’s Just.Asking.Questions.

37 Likes

I swear to God this orange jerk won’t get the message: you lost and no one likes you anymore. He’s lost the edge in the vital demographics and he knows it. All polling has pointed to this. He needs to grow up and stop pretending life revolves around him. God, I hate him so much.

36 Likes

A: And, prey-tell Don, when will that happen?

B: Shut-up, Donny.

C: It is rigged. It’s called the Electoral College.

7 Likes

Yet the press won’t go into that today. Watch as they parrot the fear mongering for clicks and ratings. They are truly putty in trump’s tiny little greasy hands.

eta: CNN goes with a valid header:

“Trump floats delaying election despite lack of authority to do so”

40 Likes
21 Likes

Needs more dried blood stains to get the point across.

6 Likes

Those images don’t include the basket and tumbrels, either. :thinking:

11 Likes

Oh, I totally agree.

Last week I started making plans to protest in DC on 11/4.

10 Likes

You know, for when the Tangerine Führer claims the election was rigged.

6 Likes

Even if he’s only JAQing off, Twitter should slap a fact-check on it like his other wrong and dangerous advice.

24 Likes
30 Likes

This is some scary shit. He’s laying the groundwork for if/when he’s down double-digits in the weeks leading up to the election and declaring the election invalid in advance. We’re seeing the groundwork of using mercenaries and/or federal troops. We’ve seen that the police are more likely than not to back whatever play he makes. And we’ve seen that Congress is utterly toothless (when not complicit) when it comes to enforcing the checks and balances we’re counting on. We are in uncharted waters here, and there’s a reason that they used to draw monsters in those areas in maps.

And to anyone who argues that it’s not worth worrying about because he can’t “cancel” an election under the Constitution, or that delaying the election would actually backfire because under the byzantine rules of our Congress Democrats would actually be in control, or some other rationale based on norms and institutions suddenly asserting themselves, I’d ask what country you’ve been observing for the last three years.

44 Likes