Deliciously creamy cheese blended with charcoal

I love these combi-devices. Absorbs poison gases, cleans your teeth, and cheese!

6 Likes

While eating it, you can’t help but wonder: how much more black could this be?

3 Likes

Wouldn’t charcoal suck the flavor out of anything? It’s like the molecular sponge.

2 Likes

This brings us closer to realizing the punchline about tight sphincters and pooping diamonds.

11 Likes

If this cheese was not legal would they be reading you your Carbon Miranda Rights?

2 Likes

That’s activated charcoal though, is it not? Is this?
(though, as you say, it won’t kill you)

I put it to you, Good Gentlefolk, that this is no longer cheddar, it is now processed cheese. Charcoaly, black processed cheese, but processed cheese nontheless.

2 Likes

I moved 5 posts to an existing topic: Boing Boing: zine, blog, and back again

Serve toasted on bamboo charcoal bread. Providing you can work out when to stop toasting.

4 Likes

I’ve gotten, a couple times, from our fave local cheesemonger, Rainbow Grocery, these charcoal crackers, that have a nice texture and a mild flavor. They’re marketed as a sort of neutral vehicle on top of which the cheese flavor (and maybe color?) might best shine, but they’re a nice snack on their own. But I’ve always preferred licking cheese off my fingers to nibbling cheese from crackers, anyway.

I’d prob’ly be happy to lick this charcoal cheese off my fingers, too…

1 Like

Let me guess…it’s a regional speciality for travellers, along the lines of dog’s head stuffed with macerated cabbage and pork noses.

1 Like

I’m wondering how my teeth would be after sampling this cheesy comestible.

Activated charcoal is safe for most adults when used short-term. Side effects of activated charcoal include constipation and black stools. More serious, but rare, side effects are a slowing or blockage of the intestinal tract, regurgitation into the lungs, and dehydration.

Doesn’t gel with “in the least” :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

i’d most certainly try it. :slight_smile:

of course i’d have to keep this in a “separate but equal” container in my fridge from the sharp white cheddar…cheesepartide.

1 Like

I too have tried charcoal crackers, and they are actually really good - they really complement a good cheese. The ones I had were from The Fine Cheese Co and I believe they are pretty widely available at specialty stores and places like Whole Foods. I recommend them highly!

Charcol peanuts. Amazing.

But where would the flavor go…? You’re still eating the cheese.

Reminds me a bit of the question of whether the sea level would rise or fall if you threw a billion sponges into it.

separate but equal

How food divides us. I’ve never before considered Arianism in a cheesy light. Do you find yourself being accused of heresy? Obviously there’s hummus homoiousianism knocking about, but this is something else.

1 Like

i suppose i could also separate them with a neutral third party cheese such as swiss cheese…but that might just make the blue cheese even more sad. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.