Delightful vintage bus spotted during unrelated event

[Read the post]

1 Like

JUSTICE!

/fist pump

1 Like

Way to bury the lede, Rob. Domino’s is now hiring!!!

17 Likes

Mmmm Meat Shops… grrrgllgglelleeeee

Some of you were probably conceived on a bus much like that one. Bus fare was only 50c.

Yes, I’m saying that you only exist because your parents were as horny as they were broke, and they were plenty broke.

2 Likes

50! Stay above 50 or the bus will explode!

6 Likes

Pop quiz, hotshot. There’s a bomb on a bus.

2 Likes

kabooom!!!

“What happened? I told you to stay above 50!”

“I did! We were at 60km/h!”

“Miles! 50 mp/h! You fool! You doomed us all!”

6 Likes

Why can’t phone cameras record in landscape even if the user is holding the phone vertically?

3 Likes

Was the cop shouting ‘please get on the ground’ at one point? That’s when i knew this was canada

15 Likes

I seem to recall Jim Lehrer of the News Hour was a bus guy – his own Dad was a bus driver and liked buses like most kids like trains – he restored this beauty:

(Sorry for the FB link, but the photos are glorious)

1 Like

I used to run into these every day when I was commuting to school. I must be old… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe the phone is smart enough to understand the Director’s Intent? Ever consider that perhaps portrait video was the best way of incorporating the mise en-scene? Ever consider the possibility that maybe, just maybe, Landscape was considered and DISMISSED as trite? Well did you? DID YOU, PUNK?

NO. You did not. You’re just a slave to the 16:9 convention, and part of the whole problem with cinematography today.

Good Day Sir. I said. GOOD DAY!.

11 Likes

Will it explode, or just experience a bout of sustained hatchet wanging*?

* sound hatchet makes as it resounds from a metallic surface. Unless it gets embedded in the aluminum, in which case it is more of a “scrthunk”.

Because we live in a digital future where shapes are not limited to the antique space of the theatrical stage?

3 Likes

1 Like

Yes, that long stretch of asphalt really gave the scene a deeper meaning.

I mean, it’s not like the Director had to go back and forth with the camera because of an ill choice of allocating his available field of view :grin:

4 Likes

A fine example of BC Transit “Expo” livery.

1 Like

Should have tazed the guy who didn’t know how to hold a phone when shooting video.

2 Likes

this must have been small town bc because in vancouver the cops shoot.
this happened four blocks from my place.
(might want to turn down your volume first)