Delta asks flight attendants not to tell each other if they test positive for coronavirus

Well then. Delta has made it clear that they prioritize their image over passenger and employee safety then, so when I return to flying, they will not be on the list for myself or my company.

15 Likes

When the bankruptcy smoke clears, there could be several airlines not on your list

2 Likes

Guess it depends who’s management ends up in charge and how they respond.

3 Likes

Sounds like they plan to market themselves as providers of Airborne Human Petrie Dishes.

2 Likes

Wait, are they saying “please let us deal with contact tracing, rather than inciting panic on facebook”, or are they saying “please go to work while concealing that you’ve been infected”?

I mean, those would be very different things defensibility-wise. It seems relevant to care which is true.

3 Likes

I also thought it was the former, but if this is what they mean, they need to fire who wrote that, because it still sounds like the latter.
If they were only caring about not spreading panic, they should have just remembered the crew that they have a more robust system to notify who has to be notified than social media.

3 Likes

I’m on Delta’s mailing list. My last email from them has the header:

COMMITTED TO KEEPING YOU INFORMED

10 Likes

I feel like its time for a dystopian remake of “Airplane” maybe done as a series where everyone on board has a virus and no airport will let them land so they have to refuel mid air every episode and as the airline is going bankrupt they are forced to raise the gas money from the passengers each episode as well.

10 Likes

Business, Coach or Herd?

1 Like

Wondering if Delta mechanics are instructed to ignore missing engine parts before takeoff. Keeping on schedule is paramount.

1 Like

Thanks, but I’ll stick with fiction for the moment.

3 Likes

All airlines have shown themselves to be organizations of complete garbage, top to bottom.

Rather than bailouts, how about we allow them all to fail?

There’s a demand for the service. Sell the assets to someone who can even even somewhat pretend to give a sh!t about both their employees and customers.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.