Demodex mites living on your face proven to have anuses

Originally published at: Demodex mites living on your face proven to have anuses | Boing Boing

8 Likes

No Thank You Thumbs Down GIF by StickerGiant

15 Likes

There’s some quote in the Talmud to the effect that if you could see all the demons that exist in the world, you’d go mad. Achieving awareness of how much of a commensal organism we are does take some accommodation.

16 Likes

Christ, what a (tiny) asshole!

22 Likes

Hmmm, appropriately enough, almost the American Sign Language for shit, as I recall.

4 Likes

3 Likes

12 Likes

I knew there was supposed to be a release, but I got it upside down, too. Oops.

2 Likes

Oh, uh, good?

@Mindysan33
I guess it’s better than the alternative, which is that our face mites end their lives in a (Jon Spencer) poop explosion?

5 Likes

Obligs:

11 Likes

Cool.

internally screaming real housewives of new york GIF

9 Likes

Thank God. The thought of all those poor little anusless mites living on my face has been keeping me up nights.

I did think of starting a charity called Anuses for Facemites to sponsor corrective surgery for these poor deprived little creatures, but finding the right messaging proved problematic.

11 Likes

Huh. It’s not unusual for rules in biology to have the odd exception…but I guess everyone poops after all.

8 Likes

Most of us don’t poop on another creature’s face though.

Parks And Recreation Nbc GIF by HULU

8 Likes

Alas, no great staining on their movies, or evidence they’re compelled to clean like mad, keep the shine on (v. whiteheads-lookin’) or preen convincingly. Get excited when other demodex are near?

4 Likes

A note from Cleveland Clinic

Demodex mites live inside almost every human’s hair follicles. The mites usually don’t cause any problems, but if they multiply too much, they can cause demodicosis. If you have itchy, bumpy or red skin on your face, talk to your healthcare provider or dermatologist.

This is why I take at least one shower a day but more days than not I take a couple. I just knew there were tiny little bugs crawling all over me. Apparently I can’t get rid of all of them but I’m sure gonna try.

Excuse me while I go power wash my hair follicles.

1 Like

“What an asshole!”

Pet peeve: writing “from whence…”
(remainder of excessively pedantic comment deleted by author)

Two years for your comeback and you weren’t even on-topic?

Meh Destiny 2 GIF by DestinyTheGame

4 Likes

Who says life doesn’t shit on you daily?