Denim chaps

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/02/denim-chaps.html

2 Likes

It’s only bold if you go commando.

7 Likes

But are they assless chaps?

[I know, I know.]

2 Likes

There is definitely something foppish about wearing denim chaps over cut-off jeans.

It’s almost like you cut up a pair of jeans to make chaps, and then wear them over the very cut-off jean shorts you made the chaps out of.

8 Likes

File that one under I’m not gay but I make no case for it.

2 Likes

Denim chaps. Holy cow. No cowpoke worth their salt would wear denim chaps. Leather chaps are for getting a better grip on the saddle than you’d ever get with denim. I’ll get off my high horse, now.

10 Likes

Wow, fancy being saddled with that modelling job…

11 Likes

stop pushing your bad fashion on my people, Levi’s.

10 Likes

Throw some denim overalls over this and you’ve got yourself the turducken of the fashion world.

ETA: or I guess denim panties/boxers underneath :man_shrugging:

11 Likes

The WTF “Made with Water” statement is missing this:

<Less® technology - Uses 96% less water than standard finishing techniques

That clarifies it.

Feels a little disingenuous rainbow-capitalism to see a slogan like “use your voice” for LGBTQ+ Pride when voices were used for ages, unheard, and it took a trans woman throwing a brick at a cop to kick off a riot before real change started happening.

Especially with similarity to current events.

2 Likes

For just $29.95 you can buy the accessory that (literally) completes the outfit.

2 Likes

I am kind of confused by their choice of models and sizes… I would have imagined their models being a bit larger and with more body hair, if you know what I mean. And most of the members of the community in question would probably not wear them with jean shorts, either… or shirts. Vests. Or harnesses.

I doubt if very many people within the intended user base care about saddle grip…

1 Like

Depends on the type of horse you ride.

6 Likes

They’re not assless when I wear them…Grrrrr.

3 Likes

Then you don’t know much about the intended user base :smile:

2 Likes

00000000000000000000000000000000000000DRAGNET

3 Likes

Wow. Those look awful. Corporate pandering at it’s finest.

2 Likes

Boing Boing Shop?

4 Likes

I’ve found that 13oz is a nice daily driver weight. Substantial but not uncomfortable and easy to break in.

2 Likes