DER SPIEGEL's February cover

should probably invest in one.

1 Like

13 Likes

Come on now, that sounds like something a Canadian would say. Give the rest of the world some credit - we can separate the citizens (well, the 48% who voted for Clinton anyway) from the people ru(i)nning the country.

2 Likes

So just far enough, then.

I mean hey, it was Trump himself who tore up the rulebook… so, you know, whatever happens, happens. So be it.

The tie isn’t long enough.

But aside frm that, he captured his subject. :+1:

1 Like

How many pennies dropped make a pence? Of course, no jokes with names, but America already played it’s trump card…

1 Like

Ugh.

This mentally ill man does not represent America.

America is better than him.

2 Likes

I am all for getting rid of the second amendment, but if you defend it like Drumpf and his minions do, then you should accept its true spirit: To defend the country against tyranny, if all other constitutional safeguards have failed. Thankfully, I think the USA have not reached this point yet, see e.g. the ruling in Washington.

#EverySecondCounts

Actually, I’m OK with my adopted country not being second.

1 Like

Did anyone else think the hands were unrealistically large?

5 Likes

at this point, it has to be proved yet.

And yes, i do see some promising signs (womens march etc.)

2 Likes

… but that’s his job description. He was elected for this function.

There is a collective responsibility in a democracy for your own politicians.

Yeah yeah I know the usual argument at this point: the majority didn’t vote for him.
Tough luck, but you (plural) voted for the politicians beforehand that made the gerrymandering and related shenanigans possible.

5 Likes

You don’t have to be a Pence fan in order to feel it’s appropriate to impeach a blatantly Constitutionally illegal President. You know, rule of law, that kind of thing.

4 Likes

Pence will be awful. But he understands the job and will govern sanely (by dominionist GOP standards).

4 Likes

Oh give the man some credit. It didn’t take nearly that long.

8 Likes

Hunter Pence won’t be eligible for another two years.

Hetzer means “agitator” or “inciter”.

1 Like

He will be the most conservative President we’ve ever endured. However, he will not (I think) get us into ridiculous wars or tear up treaties on a whim. Then again, that was what I thought of Cheney (Iraq, ABM Treaty).

4 Likes
3 Likes