DeSantis brings permitless gun carry to Florida

Originally published at: DeSantis brings permitless gun carry to Florida | Boing Boing

3 Likes

I can only imagine scenes like this one soon…

7 Likes

Funny how the most exaggerated myths of the wild Wild West are seeing their embodiment on the East Coast. It would have happened in Texas long ago, but the politicians were afraid of being the first targets.

12 Likes

I’m sure shooting the hurricanes will help the wildly raising insurance rates.

5 Likes

im pretty sure both things can be true at the same time.

and im also sure they could have eliminated the faux both sideism, as well as mentioned how little “red tape” there was previously

ex. “statistics across the us show more guns means more deaths”

not hard and it fits in one sentence.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/26/politics/gun-violence-data-what-matters/index.html

“Our children and communities are going to be less safe because Gov. DeSantis is in the pocket of the gun lobby.”

that argument is the old game. the gop has already moved on from the gun money lobby. the loosening of campaign finance laws by the supreme court has meant the money for creating a white christian ethnostate can come from anywhere.

anyone’s (money is) welcome

14 Likes

I foresee traffic accidents turning into gun fights.

7 Likes

I suppose any gun-huggers who show up here will go with this one:

Goes 100x for Florida.

7 Likes

I feel that laws like these and others are going to kill Florida’s golden goose, tourism. I’m certain that there is a small but growing number of people that feel too unsafe to travel to Florida. I certainly am one of them. Eventually enough people will be scared away and will be noticed by the one thing the right cares about, their pocketbook.

14 Likes

Not quite long ago, but they did do it in 2021.

4 Likes

i guess they didn’t give that possibility enough thought. i had already decided to never go to FLA again for any reason, but this latest will certainly deter a number of other people as well. i guess ol’ ron really stuck it to disney after all!

3 Likes

For me, it’s more than tourism to visit there, I have family down there. Now I cannot see them as often or if at all because of DeSantis and his ilk.

4 Likes

they have ruined a lot of things in a very short time. sorry about that.

4 Likes

I looked at Florida recently for a family vacation.
Settled on Mexico instead.
The chances of getting shot while shopping for groceries in a narco-state seems less likely than whatever Florida Man decides to pull.

7 Likes

The states are occasionally asserted as some sort of ‘laboratory’ wherein each state is an individual guinea pig. Even a cursory view of life expectancy, health care, addiction, covid deaths, crime, poverty, education, … would strongly indicate that republican leadership is bad for society. [countless references could be inserted here but are deemed unnecessary in this venue, ok, fine, here’s one] Very sadly as an aspect of that education deficiency lies also the self-reinforcing delusion factor wherein the gerrymandered population will continue to vote for their oppressors. -sigh-

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.